GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I started my truck tonight it cranked a little slow because of the below zero temp. That's not my concern, but 1 second (you know saying one one-thousand) after it fired up it honked at me. Not like a car horn honk, but like I kicked a goose type honk. I could hear it crank over so it's not like I kept cranking it after it fired. What's the deal?

On another note when it's that cold, man are the shocks and steering stiff.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
jebx said:
Nope, just when you let go of the key to disenage the starter. It's a one second beep.

Also, offtopic, Nice avatar! :cheers:

That is weird... Crazy new trucks. When it gets really cold, my column shifter won't move. Only did it once though in iowa, other than that it has no complaints about cold weather :think:

Thanks ! :naughty:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Whifflebat said:
50 and raining here in SA.

What is it about thursdays and rain? I has rained here the last 3 thursdays without fail!!!

I think the high is supposed to be like -7 today, -20 low tonigght and tomorrow -5 or something. Saturday (just in time for sledding...) is supposed to be 15 and sunday 8.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was -17* (oh yeah that's cold) tonight after work and it did it again. Honked at me one second after I let off the key.

????????????????????????????????????????????

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
sierraon22s said:
The remote start helps on those COLD mornings.
Even in the single digits my remote starter has a hard time starting it's takes about 3 tries to start..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts