GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 pewter silverado and i want to rip off the badges and mouldings but im worried about paint fade. what is the probability that there will be a noticible difference?

IF there IS a noticible difference, is there anything i can do (besides repainting) to get rid of the lines that will be left from the different shades of paint?

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
There shoudnt be any problems with paint be faded, i have a 95 blazer and jsut took my stuff off and all there was, was a lot of dirt built up around the moldings, some wax cured that, jsut wax it when who are done and it will be fine

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
i have a vic red truck. 2003. and i was able to notice the paint fade difference when i debadged last month!!! but then i used some rubbing compound then waxed it and i cannot tell if i try to look now.

just tear that stuff off and rub the spots out then wax them, with your color i HIGHLY doubt you will be able to notice anything after that

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what rubbing compound are you talking about? this is gonna sound so frickin dumb but ive never waxed my truck b4

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
dabflyboy said:
i have a 2000 pewter silverado and i want to rip off the badges and mouldings but im worried about paint fade. what is the probability that there will be a noticible difference?

IF there IS a noticible difference, is there anything i can do (besides repainting) to get rid of the lines that will be left from the different shades of paint?
I have a 2000 Pewter and I had no difference, just a little wax to clean up the area ... also if you do using rubbing compund MAKE SURE it says it is for clear coat finishes .. or else you're probably going to ruin your paint ... real rubbing compound is much too harsh.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Be careful though, some asshole that owned the truck before me had it half-assed painted and now I gotta redo my passenger side bed. It's a totaly different color but the mouldings broke it up enough where it wasn't noticeble.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what band of compound do you recommend and where do i pick it up, discount auto parts, or pep boys or something?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts