GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of 3 inch belltech springs. Does this look like 3 inches to anyone else. Looks like 2 inches to me. fender to hub is 16 1/2 on ds 17 on ps

0701111429-00.jpg

20110701195619.jpg

Here is my old 00 when I had 2/4 drop

PIC-0030.jpg

PIC-0029.jpg
truck.jpg

·
OEF/OIF USMC
476 Posts
IDK, looks kind of close to your other truck. i DO know this tho, if my Z will have that same stance, dropping my shit 2/4 as soon as possible. :ninja:

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Fender to hub I'm at 16.5 with 3" belltech coils AND a 1" spacer so yeah your only at 2" of drop. Did you give them time to settle?

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,195 Posts
your currently sitting 3" on driver side, and 2.5" on passenger side.

stock suspension is this from center of hub to bottom of fender
19.5" upfront
21.5" rear

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Im finishing the flip kit tomorrow. Just want the truck to sit 3/6. Yes the springs have had some time to settle.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well Im finishing the flip kit tomorrow. Just want the truck to sit 3/6. Yes the springs have had some time to settle.
Here it is with 3 inch springs and shackles. Finshing the hangers tomorrow.
So are you flipping or doing hangers and shackles out back? Flip kit will give you 6" and hanger/shackles will give you 4". Did you check the part numbers on the springs to make sure they were the correct ones?

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
this was spindles and a 1"coil...
DSC_0569edit.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So are you flipping or doing hangers and shackles out back? Flip kit will give you 6" and hanger/shackles will give you 4". Did you check the part numbers on the springs to make sure they were the correct ones?
I was doing hangers b/c I thought it was only 2 inches in front and I was going for 4 inches in rear. I ended up doing the flip kit. I took everything off a couple of days ago and sold the parts. I may lower it again later. The part numbers say they were 2/3 belltech springs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well its been a while since I did anything to the truck. So here is how its sitting now. Belltech 3 inch springs, but it settle almost 4 inches. Spacer to fit the lean. Djm 6 inch flip.

IMG_22651.jpg

IMG_69101.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mold in the roll pan, shaved bed pockets and tailgate handle. Next Im getting that top piece on the tailgate shaved. Get all the body work done and get the truck painted. Im going to do the 03 tails and have a set off painted door handles and mirror caps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts