35's > MPG
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update: Wheels Purchase!

Updated...keep reading!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Check the Dealership first. There are always pull offs there from people wanting to upgrade. My dealership had some going for 500.00 but that included trading yours in at the same time.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a chance to purchase a set of brand new Z71 18" rims / tires for $700 from a guy who claims they were removed with less than 5 miles on them (5 miles being the distance he drove from the dealership to the wheel place). Pics tell the same story. Is this a good deal?

thanks ahead of time for the quick response...if this is a good deal, i don't want to miss out since i'm about to begin rolling bald in only 5k miles or so.
Go for it, if they look like he says they do then its a good deal. A/T tires alone for an 18 are almost that much anyways.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Go for it, if they look like he says they do then its a good deal. A/T tires alone for an 18 are almost that much anyways.

:hmm: This is true.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
i'm trying to sell my mint rims and tires 18" z71 for $700 with no luck thus far

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...alright, so here's the update:

My original awesome wheel deal fell thru, so i had to keep searching. This morning I found another post locally on craigslist that caught my eye. No curbage or scratching whatsoever. I was also told they weren't chrome but "a really nice look" none-the-less. I met the guy after work today and I have to say i was shocked. The tires look brand new and the rims are the upgraded chrome units! I can't say i'm huge on chrome rims but for the price i really can't complain. My only reservation is the centercaps having the the cadillac logo, so a quick search of eBay turned up an option for blank chrome centercaps for only $50 bucks. Here's a pic of what i got:

Now i'm just hoping they stay clean...because keeping chrome clean is a bitch.

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
those will look sweet. i think 22sierra22 has or had those on his nbs
thanks. I had hopes of a 6" lift and such, but i've put on almost 5000 miles since i bought my truck in february and can't justify spending more than I absolutely have to right now on commuting. I'm thinking once i get bored of these tires, i might go to something a little more aggressive and crank the keys but nothing major. I'm just enjoying how smooth they are compared to the crap-tastic ones the old owner put on this in the month or so before he sold it to me.

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update: the chrome really looks nice when it's clean, but i don't know if i care enough to keep them that way full time...has anyone powder-coated a chrome wheel before (and is this even possible)??? :think:

I'm seriously debating if i should sell these and just powdercoat the stockers that came with my truck (i like that design alot) to save me the hassle and headache. Suggestions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts