GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my body lift/33s and took the truck for a ride. The park brake and abs lights flash above 5mph. Any idea what might be causing this? Parking brake cable not adjusted right maybe?

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Are the wheel speed sensors connected correctly? Did you drive the truck w/o cv shafts? Did you regear?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Make sure you didnt pull a wire loose when you lifted the body off the frame, one of the abs wires may have been in the clip and got pulled apart. As far as the parking brake light goes, you may have to adjust the cable.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
well mine does that all the time with 37's and now it even does it more since I regeared to 5.13's... I think mines messed up cause of the tires and gears... does anyone know if wait4me can delete that stuff?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
but the truck "dings" all the time... its annoying...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Are you just being short and witty... or are you actually suggesting pulling an individual ABS fuse? :think: Because I was thinking about continuing our little small talk and saying "theres not one fuse for that problem" ... but i want you to elaborate... :D If I pulled an ABS fuse or something of that nature wouldnt the computer just say there was another problem and alert me in another annoying way? :hmm:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
been doing some searches on this problem. Sounds pretty common for those with bigger tires but mine are only 1" larger than stock. Ive heard a tune can get rid of it but sometimes you need to have abs computer fixed/adjusted at the dealer too.

On a side note, just took the truck for a ride and no lights! My pcm is being tuned by wait4me right now as well

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
yera, then it hides it! haha

·
Paint it Black
142 Posts
PCM tunes should fix this issue, if it isn't caused by the wires being pulled from the speed sensors.

SOMETIMES, if the gears are too low, or the tires are too large, the computer still wont accept the tables entered into the PCM, so it'll still throw the light. This doesn't always happen, but every few trucks that get 37s+ or 5.13s+, their computers just end up hating them forever, so...If that becomes the case, pull the ABS fuse and never look back. ABS is crap for oversized tires anyways.

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Is there any danger to pulling the ABS fuse for a while and then reinstalling it? Just curious because I'm not a fan of how the ABS works with m 285s and wanted to see how the truck behaved without it.

I've calibrated my speedo against a hand-held GPS, so that's not the problem.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Get a tune and your problem will be fixed. but im sure you have a small issue to find to diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Is there any danger to pulling the ABS fuse for a while and then reinstalling it? Just curious because I'm not a fan of how the ABS works with m 285s and wanted to see how the truck behaved without it.

I've calibrated my speedo against a hand-held GPS, so that's not the problem.
No, I had my ABS fuse pulled for a couple of months until I could get the truck in for the ABS/hub recall, no problems.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Drew had his pulled after a mudride and his Torque convertoer wouldnt lock and cruise control didnt work. Put the fuse back in and everything worked. Dont pull the fuse becuase the ligth will stay on even if its pulled.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts