GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im running 37s on a 2005 1/2 ton chevy z71 ext cab, i swapped my gears from 3.42 to 4.56 and after you drive a 150 ft. the ABS light comes on saying that the front is goin 5 mph faster than the rear, i did change both front and rear gears, i put my pro comp programmer on it and it still gives me the warning light after adjusting, so does anyone have a fix or do i need a better programmer or what??

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Black Bear Performance

/ thread

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,153 Posts
just pull the bulb if you can in the newer body styles

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there has to be something out there, i mean there are way too many lifted trucks for someone to not find a way around it

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
here's the problem- the front wheels speed sensors are at the wheels, and the read sensor is in the tranny or t case i believe. since you changed the gears, your truck thinks your front and rear wheels are going different speeds.

A custom tune provided by someone like blackbear performance, will USUALLY fix it. but not always. it fixed it for me. but tunes have other advantages too.

why do you need auto 4wd? its a retarded system in my opinion. just leave it in 2hi. auto 4wd only seems like it would be useful in icy conditions, and maybe for women who can't drive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well besides the light bugging me along with the dingging, in louisiana we have poorly constructed roads and when it rains we have lots of deep puddles, you hit those puddles on the highway that dont drain the auto 4wd comes in handy so you do yank off the road while driving seeing with M/Ts you have lessened how much tire is now touching the road, but thats the only use ive found for it

·
Registered
199 Posts
i have a 2004 z71 tahoe and i keep mine in 2wd hi, my abs light has been coming off an on and also says check brake system and i just replaced my gears in the rear with 4.56, have no clue whats going on either if you happen to fix the problem let me know im in mississippi

·
Throttle Jockey
279 Posts
Some one already said it.

YOU NEED A TUNE

VSS is on transfer case reading one speed, drive shaft spins faster now with gears. Front wheel speed sensors read wheel speed. The computer reads those speeds and calculates. When you change something (gears) the math is off.

GET A TUNE

Nelson Performance, Black Bear, Wheatly, ETC.... Or if you have a friend with HP tuners, throw them $100 for a credit and they can do simple changes.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
A handheld should fix it on a NBS. if not IDK what to tell you other than pull the abs bulb

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
A tune didnt fix this issue on my 2001 2WD Suburban.

As soon as I did the gear change, the ABS/Brake light would be one continously. After the tune, it usually doesnt come on at a cold start, but does come on at a warm restart after driving it. Shutting off the engine and restarting sometimes gets rid of it, but not always. And something it will come on while I'm driving.

I did run the codes when the lights were on and got a C0265. Followed the instruction concerning the TBS regualrding that code and the DTC guide for it as well with no luck.

·
Throttle Jockey
279 Posts
Mine worked.

Also, do it to atleast fix the speedo.

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Mine tune fixed the speedometer.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

This also works

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
guess im stuck with pulling the bulbs for now, Im not gonna tune the six O until i do some other motor mods first.

My damn dash is lit up like a friggin christmas tree....i pulled the battery cable for awhile and then put it back and got two of em off...the rest is brakes.

·
05 HD
43 Posts
yeah after my tune my truck throws the abs light. after about 100ft it turns on, and my abs dont work. i tried calling the dude that did my tune and he said there is no solution tho this. if anyone has any idea how to fix it let me know no abs=fucked up truck thanx...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm having problems with the ABS light after a body lift install. Have no idea why the light is on. Someone posted the rear sensor is located in the transfer case. Could this have changed in any way after a body lift (either accidentally bumped, disconnected, etc.) No connections were moved, disconnected or altered so I have no idea why I am having these issues. I am really dreading the sensors once the bigger tires go on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts