GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ABS keeps comin on, it comes on when i start my truck then comes on when i am stopped at a light, and it goes off when my RPMs get to about 2k the light goes away, until i stop again

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I am cant remember if it was the parking brake light comes on when you have low brake fluid or the ABS light but its worth checking. Mine was going on and off when it was low and then came on and stayed on. I had a leak in a brake line at the caliper. Check your brake fluid level and top it off, see if that stops it.

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aight man, i will try that and i was talkin to hulk on AIM and he said to pull the fuse for about 15mins to let the computer reset, then clean the calipers, i love this site man, 5 minutes and already a reply :bowtie:

·
always wanting ,never get
571 Posts
you dont want to reset the computer an obdII vehicle shows a dash light get it to someone with a scantool soon check the problem .at GM we use tech1 hand scanners and it tells you the exact problem very useful stuff dont try to fool your comp it tells you things for a reason. your ABS problem could be dirty wheel speed sensors or the air gap between a wheel speed sensor and tooth gear.check those out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There was a problem with the abs module on 99 and early 00 trucks. Mine had to be replaced at 33K. :flame:
There are a lot of posts in various forums about this issue.
Hope that isn't your problem.....very expensive to fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts