1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes you can get the code read. ABS sensor maybe wheel bearing hub?:think:

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
If the ABS light is solid then yes it has stored a code.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
:jester:

When you turn your truck off, can you hear the small motor under the drivers door still running? That's a tell tale sign the ABS motor has gone bad. There are lines from that motor to the sensors, located in each hub bearing. If those lines are compromised a code will be thrown. If your sensor(s) has gone bad, or the hub is bad enough, a code will be thrown. If a wheel cylinder or other major brake issues has occurred, a code will be thrown. To further diagnose, have your truck scanned at any store that provides the free code reading services.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
If you're brake fluid is low the yellow ABS light doesn't turn on, the red Brake light (the one that comes on when you put you're ebrake down) would light up in that case.

You've got a code, it will have to be read and further diagnosis will have to be done from there with the code pointing you in the correct direction.

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
I wouldnt suggest autozone though. At least the one around me is never right.

·
did you sharteeze today?
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're brake fluid is low the yellow ABS light doesn't turn on, the red Brake light (the one that comes on when you put you're ebrake down) would light up in that case.

You've got a code, it will have to be read and further diagnosis will have to be done from there with the code pointing you in the correct direction.
good to know, it's the ABS light - it only comes on when the truck starts moving so I'm assuming it has to do with a sensor - i'll go get it scanned tomorrow...

amazing how 2 things can happen at once though, first the fuel pump dies and now the ABS... I don't think the two are related in any way, just a very strange coincidence!!!:shake:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts