GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:think:Okay I know this happens to everybody but after I did my lift, tires, and gears, my ABS light came on. I plugged my Hypertech Programmer in and changed all the stats and still the ABS light comes on every time I drive the truck. Is this just something I have to deal with everyday?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
:think:Okay I know this happens to everybody but after I did my lift, tires, and gears, my ABS light came on. I plugged my Hypertech Programmer in and changed all the stats and still the ABS light comes on every time I drive the truck. Is this just something I have to deal with everyday?
What year truck? Tire size and gear ratio and stock tire size and gear ratio? Did you just change something?

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Yes.... I even got a Black Bear Tune in hopes it would go away....still no luck. From what I'm told I jumped too many ratios. I went from 3.42's to 4.88's.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your a fucking riot! :rofljest:

and I had a stock 3.73 ratio and now I have 4.56's with 38's.....when I do the math it should have equaled out:think:

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
your a fucking riot! :rofljest:

and I had a stock 3.73 ratio and now I have 4.56's with 38's.....when I do the math it should have equaled out:think:
Its hit or miss with a tune. I put the blck tape behind the gauge face, works great.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
Yeah mine is still on even after my tune. I use to have stock 3.73s, and now I have 4.56s, and 37s. Justin said it might come off if I go back to 35s.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
I've been told my a couple people that you can re-flash your BCU for the new gears, then get a tune? Not sure if that will actually work though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The dealer took care of my problem. I told them I had 4.56 gears with 33.5 tires. They said they reprogrammed for the gears and tires. Cost me $30 and that took care of the abs light.

·
2,325 Posts
Yes.... I even got a Black Bear Tune in hopes it would go away....still no luck. From what I'm told I jumped too many ratios. I went from 3.42's to 4.88's.
Just got my BB tune today and mine is off. I went from 3.23s to 4.11s and Justin was able to get everything worked out.

:lol:

The dealer took care of my problem. I told them I had 4.56 gears with 33.5 tires. They said they reprogrammed for the gears and tires. Cost me $30 and that took care of the abs light.
If the BB tune doesnt do it then the other resort is to go to your dealer and have them recalibrate the EBCM ONLY and then see how that works if the tune wasnt able to correct. Then the bases are covered both way with the tune and the EBCM reprogram.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Just got my BB tune today and mine is off. I went from 3.23s to 4.11s and Justin was able to get everything worked out.

If the BB tune doesnt do it then the other resort is to go to your dealer and have them recalibrate the EBCM ONLY and then see how that works if the tune wasnt able to correct. Then the bases are covered both way with the tune and the EBCM reprogram.
I wish that were the case for me....

The dealer wants $120+ from me just to do that.... and it's not a guaranteed fix either. Not sure if it's really worth the effort or not.

·
GroundeD 4 LifE
1,234 Posts
shoot mine has been on for years but i just deal with it no big deal

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
The lights dont bug me...it's all the fucking chiming and blinking of messages where the odometer is....

·
GMFS Military Member
304 Posts
mine comes on and dings for a minute or so, i just crank up the radio :shrug:

·
2,325 Posts
I wish that were the case for me....

The dealer wants $120+ from me just to do that.... and it's not a guaranteed fix either. Not sure if it's really worth the effort or not.
Damn. I'm also 2wd so maybe that made it a bit easier :shrug:

The lights dont bug me...it's all the fucking chiming and blinking of messages where the odometer is....
Yeah, the chiming is annoying. It was weird sometimes mine would chime what seemed like forever (6-10secs) and other times it would chime just once and be done. It was never consistent :nono:

mine comes on and dings for a minute or so, i just crank up the radio :shrug:
Generally what I did. First thing was just turn it up since I knew it would be ringing like crazy shortly.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Yeah, the chiming is annoying. It was weird sometimes mine would chime what seemed like forever (6-10secs) and other times it would chime just once and be done. It was never consistent :nono:

That's the same way mine is....I live with it...I'd just rather have it so it didn't do it at all

·
Show Trucks R 4 Gays
478 Posts
Don't feel bad my dash is lit up like a Christmas tree. With my ABS pulled, airbags removed, gears, and everything disconnected on my front end it dings for 30 seconds everytime I start my truck. My tune works great but did nothing for my dash strobes

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Yeah mine is still on even after my tune. I use to have stock 3.73s, and now I have 4.56s, and 37s. Justin said it might come off if I go back to 35s.
It wont. I have 35's and 4.56's and a BlackBear tune. The light isnt on all the time. Its intermittant, but it comes on. Usually after the second warm start of getting on/off the highway with a long sweeoing curve.

·
Maniac
692 Posts
I talked to Jenna, and she said it was hit or miss on the ABS light. Sometimes they go out after a tune, and sometimes they don't

1 - 20 of 26 Posts