GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today while we were test riding the truck the ABS light was on. All we did during the install was unplug the connections, does my computer think there is something wrong now? I'm hoping all I will have to do is take it to the dealership and have them hook it up to the computer and clear it out. :bawl:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
When my light went off I started to hear a noise like one of those homemade ice-cream machine makes. I had to get another ABS Module

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
way2hi said:
When my light went off I started to hear a noise like one of those homemade ice-cream machine makes. I had to get another ABS Module
They say it's the ABS speed sensor on the drivers wheel hub, and you can't just replace the sensor you have to replace the whole hub ($280 for the part, $400 part and install) :flame: .. my brakes work fine none the less, so for now I'm going to ride it, and later I might pick the part up and put it on myself.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It sounds like you have a different problem than what I had. I went to a junk yard and got one off of an 01 with 21,000 miles on it. It was gonna take $750 for the dealership to fix it. I didn't worry about mine until my brakes locked up and I hit a ditch then I decided I better get me one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts