GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my truck lifted at 4wheelparts. Now when i drive the abs light comes on after about 3 miles, when i shut the truck off and start it again the light goes off but comes back on. I just regeared to 4.56 and i still have stock tires on. Would this have anything to do with it. I dont think it would but i dont know. I think i will play it out until i get the body lift and tires on this week and get it programmed, maybe that will help the problem. Tell me if any of you have experienced this and what you think

·
2,451 Posts
Sevenfold said:
No, I don't need it. In my 2+ years of owning GM trucks the ABS has kicked in maybe 5 times. The "service brake system" on the message center is getting annoying though, I need to get a programmer to get rid of it.
Is that your daily driver?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Gearing just might have something to do with it. Besides my 02 i have a 96 4x4 with 4.88's and my abs light came on right after getting gears from 4wheelparts. I also have a hypertech for it and the damn light still never shuts off

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
WTF kind of screenname is "TheLlama"? :think:

Yeah, a programmer will get rid of that problem. Anytime you regear and do not reprogram immediately, it'll make all sorts of stuff act goofy. Some trucks more than others, but one of the most common problems is way out of whach shift points.

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dont bash my name man, I just like the animals because theres a llama farm a few blocks from my house. Good to know others have the same problem. After wheels and tires are put on, and i get the programming done, Ill post a few pictures

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Adam I hear you on the abs message on the cluster is getting real old. It beeps for way to damn long and is very annoying.

Stephen, if I pulled my abs fuse wonder if that would keep the message center from beeping and displaying the service brake system message?

·
2,451 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
Stephen, if I pulled my abs fuse wonder if that would keep the message center from beeping and displaying the service brake system message?
Im pretty sure it does

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
no it will still show the light and crap, at least on mine it did. Thats what pulling the bulb is for.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
TheLlama said:
Dont bash my name man, I just like the animals because theres a llama farm a few blocks from my house.

Not bashing, just a very unusual name. I thought it was pretty funny. :crazy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts