GMC Truck Forum banner

ABS problem after lift install??

1431 Views 15 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Grant
I just had my truck lifted at 4wheelparts. Now when i drive the abs light comes on after about 3 miles, when i shut the truck off and start it again the light goes off but comes back on. I just regeared to 4.56 and i still have stock tires on. Would this have anything to do with it. I dont think it would but i dont know. I think i will play it out until i get the body lift and tires on this week and get it programmed, maybe that will help the problem. Tell me if any of you have experienced this and what you think
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Keepin' it real...
3,848 Posts
WTF kind of screenname is "TheLlama"? :think:

Yeah, a programmer will get rid of that problem. Anytime you regear and do not reprogram immediately, it'll make all sorts of stuff act goofy. Some trucks more than others, but one of the most common problems is way out of whach shift points.

· Pink Bear Man...
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dont bash my name man, I just like the animals because theres a llama farm a few blocks from my house. Good to know others have the same problem. After wheels and tires are put on, and i get the programming done, Ill post a few pictures

· Registered
3,243 Posts
Adam I hear you on the abs message on the cluster is getting real old. It beeps for way to damn long and is very annoying.

Stephen, if I pulled my abs fuse wonder if that would keep the message center from beeping and displaying the service brake system message?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.