GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4

I'm needing Very Knowledgeable Help
Since the problem arose I replaced the front 2 wheel speed sensors due codes found and the rear speed sensor on the transfer case due to code found. I cleaned ALL connectors and put dielectric grease in each.
Now the problem is the ABS light is on.
When I on the highway running over 60 mph the ABS light goes off. All sensors do read speed I'm running. But, when I come an exit and begin applying the brake it pulls hard to the left. And then the ABS light comes on. If I stay below 55-60 mph with light on the truck brakes perfectly fine.
Again, Only when the light is off and apply the brake it pulls left then the light comes on.
Any other information please let me know.
Thanks in Advance for the help.

·
Bigger, Longer, and UnCut
987 Posts
Have you changed your ABS controller? If it was random it could be the ground not constant, but if it reliably acts the same every time and its repeatable, I would change out the controller, and see if that solves the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had this happen on my 03. Because it’s pulling left the ABS is be activated on the left front, the sensor is interpreting the signal as a skid. You stated that you just replaced the sensors, if you look at where the sensor mounts to the hub rust can build up under the sensor or was disturbed during replacement. Try removing the sensor on the left side and cover the sensor hole in the hub with a little grease and file/sand the mounting surface clean, use a q-tip or something to clean the grease that covered the sensor hole, reinstall the sensor and test drive. Just something that worked for me with basically the same symptoms.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,438 Posts
Which abs sensor is is saying is bad. It's possible you have a wiring issue past the sensor itself.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
You don’t have a rear abs. Tcase sensor is for speed only and reads very diffent than the hub sensors, but work on the same principle.

They pick up magnetic rotation. So if there bad it’s because there covered in water or metal.

So change the hubs.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,438 Posts
You don’t have a rear abs. Tcase sensor is for speed only and reads very diffent than the hub sensors, but work on the same principle.

They pick up magnetic rotation. So if there bad it’s because there covered in water or metal.

So change the hubs.
Yes and no. The vss is where the rear abs signal comes from in the 3 channel systems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replace the hubs, not just the sensors
Thanks. I have to admit I was skeptical. My scanner said r/r ss bad, my rig doesn’t have a r/r speed sensor. The scanner in the shop doesn’t even read 2006 trucks. I replaced the wheel hub abs light gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts