GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 Chevy Suburban K2500 5.7. I recently replaced some components and keep springing leaks in different spots, so i thought it was just the other components were old is why, until now I have replaced the whole ac system, and still leaking from various areas. I do not have a high pressure switch on the back of my compressor as i was told i didnt need one, but now I seem to think I really do. My question is, how would i wire it into my system, as i have no wiring harness in sight? Also, now i have a leak in my compressor where the switch would go, so if i replace o ring and put switch, will this fix that area? Thanks in advance for any input, as this issue has been driving me crazy, and i cannot find anyone here I Yuma to seem to know either.

·
Some dude on the internet
782 Posts
There is no high pressure switch on these, only the low pressure cycling switch on the dryer. The spot on the back of the compressor was for the earlier models using a switch for max ac without the "recirc" button on the control head. You should be able to replace the o-ring under that cap if it's leaking, you don't need to put anything there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no high pressure switch on these, only the low pressure cycling switch on the dryer. The spot on the back of the compressor was for the earlier models using a switch for max ac without the "recirc" button on the control head. You should be able to replace the o-ring under that cap if it's leaking, you don't need to put anything there.
Ok I appreciate it, why would my ac system keep leaking everywhere do you think? I’ve replaced everything, but it always finds a place to leak after I drive for a little bit

·
Some dude on the internet
782 Posts
Hard to say. Just make sure everything is clean and o-rings lubed with refrigerant oil before reinstalling parts. Sometimes new stuff leaks, which sucks. Have you taken pressure readings on the system while it's running?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts