GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mr.Papagiorgio
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my truck down to the local dealer cause my ac does not get cold at all. They said my ac door actuator is sticking thats why its letting hot in air. They also told me that the outside temperature gauge is faulty aswell and that for those two things to be replaced is 1,200 bucks (WTF?). How hard would it be to replace these two items and what am I looking about in prices. I do have a dealer account with Rydell so I will get discounts on the parts.

·
Registered
519 Posts
alldata shows the temp sensor lists for @ $30, and about 1/2 hour to change. they show 3 different actuators from $70-$250, and @ 3-4 hours to change depending. hope this helps.

·
Mr.Papagiorgio
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got the part number for the one they said 89018365

The sensor from rydell is 9.89 and the motor is 98 bucks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
110 dollars in parts and a couple hours laber. How in the hell did they come up with 1200 dollars? Thats just crazy.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The driver's side temp door actuator is on the bottom of hvac case and easy to change. The passenger's side is on the top and requires alot more time and disassembly. I believe it is somewhere in the range of 3hrs to change.
Still seems very high but if they matrix the prices at the dealer the actuator is probably 250-350. With diagnosis charge, labor, and all of that they probably can be that high.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
i thought your truck was still under warranty

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
what the fuck kind of warranty is that?

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
ghey