GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was in a accident today, hit a Toyota 4 Runner. I came out of a shopping center turning onto a major street. This 4Runner had his turn signal on and slowed down to maybe 10mph making me think he will turn in. Well I pull out into the intersection and he must have changed his mind or something but hit me right into the left front. :flame:
My Manik Grillguard took it pretty well, but is bent over completely now. No damage to the truck from what I can see. But it tore up the Toyotas front passenger fender and bumper. He could not drive anymore, since his wheel was rubbing too bad when turning. So he called a tow truck. The cops came out but did not gave either one of us a ticket. That's good.
I filed a claim to his insurance company for my damaged grillguard.
Will see....
Should I replace it with a new one or get a complete new front end bumper grill?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I'd go with ranch hand, but I don't think I would go for a full replacement bumper. IMO they're just too heavy to stick on a stock half ton, it'll make it saaag.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
well i replcaed my manik with a ranchahnd full replacement. The half ton one isnt very heavy actually and you wont sag mor ethan half an inch. Hell I put the heavy ass HD one on and only sagged on half ton bars about 1/2"

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks what's Josh's ID or e-mail?
I have the 4 inch spindle lift anyway and I can set the Rancho shocks to hard off road to make up for the weight. Yeah I will probably replace the whole thing with the 1/2 ton front end replacement.

·
Registered
832 Posts
The half ton isnt a lightweight bumper. Yes it made mine sag only 1/2 inch but after 1.5 years mine has sagged close to two inches. They are heavy and very tough. Even half tons weigh in at close to 150 so they aint light.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
dan came in today and got a front and rear replacement. according to the shipping sheet, the front is actually 245 LBS, and the rear is 130... you have to subtract out the weight of the stock chrome though. the front replacement is about 40LBS more than the grille guard and stock bumper, and the back is about 25LBS more than the stock bumper and factory reciever.

thanks again dan! get some pics up soon! :shake:

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks Josh, I like the setup. Looks freakin awesome....
I will set my shocks to heavy duty now so it will be a little stiffer. If it sags more, I just get stiffer springs or a higher lift. :crazy:
Will have some pics up by tonight...

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
wow man that looks way better than the old bling bling manik, great mod. on the rancho shocks, my 9000x's i turn them to the left for more firmness, to the right for less i think, dont quote me on that. I'm digging those bumpers big time

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Kyle,
What kind of nerf bars are those you have? They might just match now with my new setup....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts