GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Keeping the sway bar would be best for the reason that cook explained. It will help keep the truck from rolling over in the turn. But, I have no sway bar and I have accuair. The accuair does nothing to help with sway. It takes about 45 seconds to make an adjustment when driving. I drive slow in turns so I don't really notice the sway bar being gone.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keeping the sway bar would be best for the reason that cook explained. It will help keep the truck from rolling over in the turn. But, I have no sway bar and I have accuair. The accuair does nothing to help with sway. It takes about 45 seconds to make an adjustment when driving. I drive slow in turns so I don't really notice the sway bar being gone.
Yeah cheers mate, I was not sure if the accuair partly acted like a sway bar or not but yeah like cook mentioned it does not so i will deffenantly be running the sway bar. Engine wise i plan to have about 650-700hp + a extra 150 hp on the bottle so i plan to drive the truck hard lol so a sway bar is a must! While on the subject can anyone reccomend some good shocks for the front and if so part numbers or links to them? The truck is a 1990 obs rcsb, cheers ryan

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
I used some from race car dynamics built by bilstein. theyre meant for airride applications and ride awesome. they have several options so you can pick the extended and compressed lengths you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts