GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got it in the mail today. I can't wait to get it installed! I bought it because I am tired of trying to level my truck off of air pressure. I've noticed that going off of pressure is not that accurate and it's a pain in the ass. I did some research on these systems and this one is exactly what I wanted.

For those that don't know what it is I will explain. It is a digital leveling system that uses sensors at each corner to control the height. I will adjust the truck to the level(s) that I want and program those heights to the 3 preset buttons. It will stay at the height I want even if a load is put in the truck. I'll be able to hop in my truck, hit one of the 3 preset buttons (which will put it at that preset height), and it will stay at that height no matter what pressure it takes. The touch pad is a little smaller than my ipod and has all the buttons I'll need. I don't see myself using the adjustment buttons very often since 3 heights will probably be enough. 4 would be better but no system offers that.

Well, that's about all I have to say untill I start the install on Saturday morning. I can't wait!
:big_banana_Dance:

Here's what it looks like fresh out of the package:

Everything
DSCN1824.jpg

Close up of the goods
DSCN1825.jpg

Touch pad stacked with Ipod on bottom
DSCN1828.jpg

Touch pad next to Ipod
DSCN1829.jpg

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
I love that controller, I was considering running that one, but as you can see under my signature I'll be running the ART one, however I'm going to mount the switch box right into my dash and have a key fob also.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's 1200 plus another 100 with the key fob. The fob doesn't work unless the truck is off. i think the ART is the same way. The touch pad does work as the switch box.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I
HATE
YOU

i want this so bad. im sick of getting out to make sure my truck is level!
This is the exact reason for a system like this. It should be priority # 1 for a bagged truck.

pretty nifty purchase, the price isnt so nifty tho lol
If you do the build right this should fit into the budget. The only thing I have ever hated about my bagged ride is the inconsistancy of the air guages to height. There is no way to consistantly level a truck off of pressure. Worth the price. Wait till you see what this system is capable of.

thats a clean kit! can wait to get mine!. look foward to the install.
Right on. I can't wait either.

·
Which One?
239 Posts
These sytems look really sweet! i think im goint to get one, i just have a few questions about it.

does this kit replace the existing valves or does it use them?

do you still have the option to ride at what ever height/ style you want. ex: if you wanted to ride plow or cali but one of your three settings weren't like that, could you still set it that way and drive?

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These sytems look really sweet! i think im goint to get one, i just have a few questions about it.

does this kit replace the existing valves or does it use them?

do you still have the option to ride at what ever height/ style you want. ex: if you wanted to ride plow or cali but one of your three settings weren't like that, could you still set it that way and drive?
They sell a valve block that looks real sweet. It just plugs into the ecu so it would be so simple to setup. If I didn't already have valves I would have bought it. http://www.accuaircs.com/product_solenoid_vu4.html

I'm pretty sure that I will be able to use the touch pad to adjust the ride while driving. If you look at the right side of it, it has buttons that act as a switchbox. If you click on the link in post 14 you will see one toggle switch that is used instead of the touch pad. If you got that you could run a regular switch box in addition to that switch.

can you change ride heights on the remote?

when trucks turned off?
When the truck is turned on you would use the touch pad and when it is off you would use the wireless fob. I don't think the touch pad works in the off possition and the wireless fob definitely only works when off.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got a late start today but got some stuff done.

To start I had to figure out where to mount the sensor in the back. It has about 3 5/8 travel and the instructions say to use 2.75" of that travel. I used blue tape to mark the top of the upper 4-link bar while laid out.
DSCN1830.jpg

DSCN1831.jpg

Then I lifted up to full lift and measured to see where 3.5" difference was.
DSCN1832.jpg

DSCN1833.jpg

I didn't have an idea of how to install the hardware to the lower bar untill I got to the hardware store this am. The instructions say to drill into the bar to install it but I didn't want to weaken it and I wanted it to be adjustable so I found a bracket that had a curve to it so after I cut it in half it worked out perfect. The other half was used for the other side. I used 2 hose clamps on each one to secure it.
DSCN1834.jpg

DSCN1835.jpg

DSCN1836.jpg

You can see the curve in the hardware with the one in my hand.
DSCN1837.jpg

Mounted the other bracket to the bar and then located and drilled a hole for the sensor.
DSCN1838.jpg

DSCN1839.jpg

Raised the truck to max lift again to double check the mounting locations. Then drilled the other hole and bolted it in. Passenger side back is done.
DSCN1840.jpg

DSCN1841.jpg

DSCN1842.jpg

The driver side has the gas tank onthe other side of the frame so it wont be as fun. I think I'm going to be carefull drilling the holes and then have my wife fit her skinny hands between the frame and tank.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I saw in the instructions that it says 2.75" of travel for the sensor but when I measured it was 3 5/8". An email from Reno at accuair clarified that it needs the extra room to be safe incase it over travels. He wrote that it shouldn't use more than 3" of the travel. So I'll go adjust the mounting point in the lower bar to be closer to the pivot point. The way I had it mounted there was a little extra room but I'd rather be safe and follow the instructions.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts