GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Formerly "kwonchoba"
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Operation clean the shit out of the never cleaned before engine bay. It was a great success! Simple green 2 rounds of that. Let it soak for about 5 mines each time. Gave under the hood a good scrubb. Then it was time to lay down some Adams Super VRT. Best stuff in the world. All the black in the bay which is alot is now nice and shinny and black and WATERPROOF :D. While i was under there i took the stickers off the battery box and the air box. Wrapped all my wires in black elec tape on my drl's and then the connectors.

Before
DSC00059.jpg

After
2011-06-19134408.jpg

2011-06-19134412.jpg

2011-06-19134428.jpg

2011-06-19134436.jpg

And its resting spot in the back yard.
2011-06-19135911.jpg

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
:worship: That's a damn good job man! Just found something else to keep me busy! I'll be hitting you up with some PM's to make sure I got it down right. Again, that looks great! :shake:

·
Formerly "kwonchoba"
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good man, did you cover anything or were you just careful not to get certain parts wet?
Nope didnt cover anything at all. i just sprayed everything in there and then hoased it off. wasnnt carfull or anything.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
That what i needed to ask. Now I know...

·
Formerly "kwonchoba"
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mean i didnt hold the hose at full blast on the elec parts of stuff just keep the hose and water stream moving and ull be fine

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice job , make me want to clean mine! :crazy:

·
Formerly "kwonchoba"
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go for it! I mean you dont have to use adams products i am sure you can get pretty good results with say mothers back to black but idk. i like this cuz its water proof and has just the right amout of shine

·
Formerly "kwonchoba"
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well washed the truck again today. lets just say this shit dosnt come off its still as shinny as when i put it on haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts