GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not liking the cali style i've got going right now. i need like 2-3" more in the rear to sit level. i really don't like blocks so i think my only options are getting these springs re-arched or getting an add-a-leaf. can i get 2-3" from an add-a-leaf? if so, what are some good brands and places to get them?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I wouldn't count on keeping the full 2" a 2" AAL says to give. They sag over time and will drop down to 1.5 or even less sometimes...but it could help. if it was up to me, id go to www.offroaddesign.com and get the 1" zero rate AALs plus some regular 2" AALs and even after they sag some you should still be within like a half inch.

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
eek, i cringe at the thought of how rough the ride would be w/ dual aal! :insane: :anitoof:

I really dont think 2 would do you any more good than one.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Check out the zero rates man...apprently you know nothing about them. They don't affect the spring rate at all...hence the name zero rate, so in a sense they act like a block, but they bolt into the spring pack, making them another leaf in your leaf spring pack.

·
1,137 Posts
still, youd have to add alot of springs to gets 3" of lift, considering any after the first 2" would simply give you the amount of lift of the thickness of the spring, so maybe 1 2" spring, and 2-3 others would give you 3" in the end, but dang, thats gonna be a thick leaf pack, and i dont really care whats said, it will ride significantly rougher.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whifflebat said:
What if you cranked your tbars down a bit? :think:
i've got just about perfect clearance up front with very good cv angles. i think my rear leaf springs are just sagging under all the weight.

redneckdude: i'll check those out. thanks.

·
1,137 Posts
does your escalade have the factory 2in blocks like the trucks? if not, thats the way to go right there, maybe a combination aal and 2in blocks.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't think it does actually. i might have to go that way since money is kinda tight (saving for the regearing).

·
1,137 Posts
slimm44 said:
i don't think it does actually. i might have to go that way since money is kinda tight (saving for the regearing).
i would say go w/ the 2" blocks and maybe a pair of the aals RedneckDude is talking about. That shoud retain the ride, although you might need new shocks in the rear.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
how about a 1.5 or a 2" shackle lift? Cheaper than new/re-arched springs, and less axle wrap compared to a block.

Only downside is they hang down and don't look that great.

Maybe you could powdercoat them white, and the shackles would tie in nicely with the rest of the truck.

Nice escalade btw... pefect lift and tire size. The white on white looks good too.

·
Blown Daily
656 Posts
I have add a leafs in mine and it sets perfectly level. My bars are cranked up too..... I originally did that for the 38.5" tires I had on before, now with the 37"s , I clear them very well, enough that I may remove the add a leaf and let the bars down some.

Jason

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how much did they lift yours? and what brand do you have?

klemmentine said:
Nice escalade btw... pefect lift and tire size. The white on white looks good too.
thanks. i'm glad i went with the white powdercoating.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
So NBS tahoes have a totally different rear suspension then the OBS?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
obs tahoes have leaf springs, just like the obs and nbs trucks do.

nbs tahoe and suburbans have a 5 link coil spring setup, except for the 2500 series suburban, which has leaf springs just like the hd truck.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts