GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
you could add an alarm to it with some of the new modules, but not just a siren as far as I know

·
chevy owner for life
184 Posts
interested in doing the same, I too installed the shock sensor and thinking on installing the tilt sensor, but the more the better 'cause i have seen cars that use the stock horn and a siren too on top of that!!!

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I mean you could hook it up so a siren would go off with the stock horn, but thats all that I can think of right now. It would pulse just the same

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
I suppose if you were creative with relays you could wire a siren to the horn circuit that would allow the horn and siren to sound with the alarm, but disconnect the siren from the horn circuit when the engine is running. That way if you need to hit the horn while driving, the siren wouldn't do it thing at the same time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
interested in doing the same, I too installed the shock sensor and thinking on installing the tilt sensor, but the more the better 'cause i have seen cars that use the stock horn and a siren too on top of that!!!
Do you have a wiring diagram or description of which input/wire of the original GMC alarm that you can add secondary alarm triggers to such as a tilt switch, extra hood switch or glass break sensor? Seems more likely tat with the computerized functions, there may not be a single input as in add on alarms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts