GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out today that I blew out a front shock. I over extended it last time I got stuck and damaged it, few days ago It totally blew. Drivers front. Not a big deal, jsut was wondering where all the oil like liquid was commign from, looked like brake fluid and was in teh general area of my master cylinder. I check that and it was fine... Puled the shock boot off and BINGO! When it compresses it squirts the fluid all over!

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
You haven't experienced carnage until you've broken a shock in half! yes... in half. :anitoof: Jumped a hill doing I don't know how fast :LOL: in my S-dime right after I got it, came down and when I did the passenger quarter panel scraped the ground. :evillol:

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is in half, I can pull the rod straight out of the body.

·
Banned
487 Posts
heh... i destroyed a complete drivetrain..... differential to differential once

10bolt front, TH400, np208, 10 bolt rear alllllllllllll in a few seconds :anitoof:

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Hey Stephen, I think I still have my old RSX shocks at the house, if so you can run those till the transformation :anitoof:

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TexK5 said:
Hey Stephen, I think I still have my old RSX shocks at the house, if so you can run those till the transformation :anitoof:
I apreciate the offer but I need to replace the shock anyways since im selling the kit, pretty sure I found a guy on FSC that is in Houston that wants it. They are only 32 bucks at 4wp, not a big hit to my pocket. I have plenty to do over spring break now though! Replace the shock, sway bar end link, and my traction bars started to sqeak like hell a few days ago so its time to grease them aperently.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
i busted a superlift shock and they replaced it no questions ask for free at 4wheelparts, they installed your kit right?

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah but it was my fault I busted it, overextended it. They wouldnt cover it, only 32 bucks for a new one though.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well today I replaced the sway bar endlink and shock. Ends up 4wp gave me the wrong shock. They gave me a stud style one on the top instead of eye/bushing style. It still worked though, just had to run it like the stock ones. Also has to use a rubber spacer so it wouldnt over extend. Next problem. I killed another u joint. The rear one at the case this time. What a bitch. 4wp replaced it for me when i had my lift put on and they screwed it all up. I dont think I have the new one in right because one snap clip wont go on! Its drivable but I dont want to take it far untill I go get another u joint (this ones all screwed up now trying to get it in right) and try again.... :flame: I HATE U JOINTS

Other news is I got my sticker on, its got tons of bubbles in it because my windshield is all chipped up by still looks awsome! cutting FX did a great job!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
U-joints are fun! Never had a problem getting one in all the way to get the clip on though... Sure it's the correct joint? Even on the side of the trail it only takes us about 5 minutes to replace one... At home I use a press so it takes even less time...

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its the rght joint. Im kinda worried about driving it much. I drove it about 25 miles tonight and it didnt budge, I think eitehr tomarow afternoon if I have time or after I get my teeth pulled and recover Im going to buy another joint and put it in. I just dont feel good about this one. They are only 15 bucks.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Your driving it without the c-clip in?!?!?!? Thats down right scary right there... If that shaft drops and the shaft happens to dig in your in for a ride!

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It sounds 100x worse than it is. There is no way this thing it comming out. Its pounded in there good. The only way I see it comming out is if its pressed or beat out. I drove it like 25 miles tonight and check it multiple times, hasnt budged. Im going to fix it perminatly in a few days anyways. They are those little compression clips, and its in there just cant get it into the lip, the joint wont go in far enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts