GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night I was backing out of a parking spot, looking over my right shoulder, when I goddamn fucking light pole came out of nowhere and hit my drivers door. Now my door needs some dents pulled and probably repainted, and it doesn't latch now, which makes it fun trying to drive.

Does anyone have the part numbers for a latch that will work? Will one off of a 1976 chevy truck work?

I'll get some pics up when I get on my own computer and off the work pc.

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All I really want is to be able to shut my door for the weekend and was hoping maybe Oreilly's or some place would have a cheap latch. I'll probably just have the body shop make it all good.

Here's a couple of pics. I don't see how my nerf bars didn't get a scratch on them:think: . And yes I know she's a dirty little Hoe right now, but I guess that's what I get for buying black, and having shitting weather all the time it seems like.
04-28-07_1637-1.gif

04-28-07_1635-1.gif

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
gotta watch for poles jumping out like that

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
Hahahaha holy shit. Fuckin A dude.

www.car-part.com

Find a junkyard local and get a door, any door on there for now.

:rofl2:

That fuckin Suuuuuuucks :head:

·
Registered
753 Posts
well the other night i had a fucking mailbox jump out at me... i scratched the whole drivers side of the bed on it.... i got out and beat the hell out the dam thing lol i was soo pissed i didnt see it.. i guess thats what i get for having 5% tint and living in an area with no street lights....

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahahaha holy shit. Fuckin A dude.

www.car-part.com

Find a junkyard local and get a door, any door on there for now.

:rofl2:

That fuckin Suuuuuuucks :head:
hmmm might have to look and see if I can find a good black door, it might be cheaper than having a bodyshop fix what I've got. That's a good idea.

well the other night i had a fucking mailbox jump out at me... i scratched the whole drivers side of the bed on it.... i got out and beat the hell out the dam thing lol i was soo pissed i didnt see it.. i guess thats what i get for having 5% tint and living in an area with no street lights....
lol that must have been a hell of a mailbox. Atleast it got what was coming to it.

Me and my buddy that was with me last night, wanted to get a chainsaw, cut the pole down, then burn it.

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also thinking maybe taking all the molding off and that part would be taken care of.

Looked up doors and a new door shell is somewhere around $120 plus shipping and paint.

·
The ShiZnit!
1,062 Posts
Thats funny you say that because i did the same exact thing except on my pass door and all down the bed.. I also have 5%:nono: :pissed: :think: :ninja: :guns: :evil:

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the local Chevy dealer/bodyshop quoted me about $1500. I told him that the body molding doesn't matter to me and it can stay off. He said that would save a couple of hundred bucks off the estimate.

I'm considering calling up junkyards and try to find a different door.

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was looking over my estimate and what the hell is an R&I Assembly?

Here's what the estimate says.

RI 0315 Handle, RR Door Oute LT R&I Assembly

RI 0313 W/Strip, Belt Outer LT R&I Assembly

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The bodyshop I was going to use is starting to piss me off. So, I might try another. I also have a question that you guys might be able to answer.

What other doors will work? A door off of a 1500truck, yukon, or what are any other models and years that would work?

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also on the estimate it has this:

Lock, Front Door LT 15110643 Gm Part. $140.40

Is this the same as the latch? I don't see anywhere on the estimate that specificly (sp?) says latch.

If so, I can go to gmpartsdirect.com or one of those sites and get it for almost half the price that they have quoted me.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Also on the estimate it has this:

Lock, Front Door LT 15110643 Gm Part. $140.40

Is this the same as the latch? I don't see anywhere on the estimate that specificly (sp?) says latch.

If so, I can go to gmpartsdirect.com or one of those sites and get it for almost half the price that they have quoted me.
I think they must be trying to quote you for a whole new fucking door. Why would you need a lock or latch or any of that stuff? I had a kid hit my drivers door and rip the outter skin. The body shop ordered a new door skin which is pretty cheap and put it on re-using all the door hardware. I doubt mine was more than $1000 for paint and everything.

If your not going through insurance i would say to try the junkyards to find a decent door and then just have it repainted. For a solid color door i bet a body guy wouldn't charge more than $250 to paint.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts