·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8353f199.jpg

635b602e.jpg

5c9d9a4e.jpg

0e94e71c.jpg

Added Billet A/C and headlight Knobs, Billet door sills, and painted the speaker grilles chrome along with the passenger a/c vent trim pieces.

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
g_unit77 said:
Looks good man, small details count
:word: looks awesome. Im thinking of getting some billet accersories for the interior of my truck here soon. I just wish that they made a full set of billet a/c and headlight knobs for OBS trucks. I know they make a/c knobs but no way to change the h/l knob. It looks kinda goofy with just billet a/c knobs and a stock h/l knob

Trey

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
:head2:

I think the speaker grill paint is a very simple mod that sets the whole interior off...nice work :head:

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Chris99gmc: Nice interior mods!! :head:

Trey: word on the OBS headlight knob. Do you know if anybody will ever make a billet headlight knob? :pissed: I still might just do the A/C knobs for now.

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
1buda said:
Chris99gmc: Nice interior mods!! :head:

Trey: word on the OBS headlight knob. Do you know if anybody will ever make a billet headlight knob? :pissed: I still might just do the A/C knobs for now.
ive asked a bunch of companies that sell aftermarket a/c knobs and they all tell me the same thing.."If we can figure a way to seperate the knob from the rest of the unit, then we will make one, but until that happens you wont be able to find one.." I used to have some a/c knobs but ended up selling them cause i didnt like how they looked without a h/l knob. So i just put the stock ones for now

Trey

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
nice mods :head2:

hey, guys with the OBS. Why dont you just paint the h/l and a/c knobs? if they dont make billet h/l ones, and you dont want to have it half assed with just the a/c knobs, i would think paintin them would be a good option

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sweeeet! That's chrome paint around the a/c vents? Looks smooth. Did you have to do anything for prep? Otherwise, I definitely got to try that out or do the blue to match my truck.

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
1badazzchevy said:
Sweeeet! That's chrome paint around the a/c vents? Looks smooth. Did you have to do anything for prep? Otherwise, I definitely got to try that out or do the blue to match my truck.
i think it would look tight if you painted them the color of the truck :head:

Trey

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
Slash4824 said:
nice mods :head2:

hey, guys with the OBS. Why dont you just paint the h/l and a/c knobs? if they dont make billet h/l ones, and you dont want to have it half assed with just the a/c knobs, i would think paintin them would be a good option
have you seen what the knobs look like?? IMO they would be a PITA to paint them with the way they look and would probably turn out $hitty lookin

Trey

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1badazzchevy said:

Yes. It's paint.... actually it's Spray paint...

Chrome Finish rattle can made by DupliColor. I sanded the trim pieces down with 150 grit, then 220, then I went to 400, and then I wet sanded them.

I sprayed a coat of the chrome paint, then 'Lightly' Wet sanded it, then again and again..... like 4 coats or so.

they turned out really smooth w/ little to No 'orange peel' from the spray.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Looks awesome!!! :bowtie:

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Badassilverado said:
Anyone looking to paint those parts, I took pictures of the full process of doing mine. The first few pics are of the finished product and the last few are of the process...have more as well.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2838&highlight=painted+dash

Your trim looks pretty good. I noticed that you didnt take apart the A/C vents from the tirm and just masked them off.. also, did you sand down the plastic at all to get the rough texture out??

here's a better pic

69cd46e2.gif

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya. smooth is better... go ahead and get some wet sand paper and redo it.

the box in the door is for these bad boys

DSC00418.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts