GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my license plate bracket and added the matching carriage works black billet lower grille to the airdam this weekend. I also got my HID's working again (bad ballast).

So as to follow up to my paint quote thread, do you guys still think I should get the airdam painted or just leave it as is since the grille filled in the gap?

100_0833.gif

100_0831.gif

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Get it painted.:imo

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it needs paint too......I installed the grille so the mtg holes would be pre-drilled for paint. Only thing sucks is while underneath I dont see any way to remove that airdam without completely removing the bumper as one piece.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
looks good. if you had any other color i would say paint it, but since it's black i wouldn't waste the 250 bucks on it.

·
Fat Ginger Kid
2,896 Posts
I'd paint it, considering you have the rest of the truck painted. When you look at it from a distance you don't notice it. But when you get up close you notice it a lot more, especially with the grille insert. It looks like something wasn't completed.

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts
save ur money for something else. looks good.

·
Registered
494 Posts
looks sick!... just leave it :imo looks good as is...

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn thats about 50/50 on votes.

Im glad you guys like the insert, I wasnt too sure but bought it anyway

·
Resident Metal Head
5,528 Posts
Just wondering, do you have to run a front plate in Texas? or do you run getting pulled over?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Since your truck is black I would say you don't need to paint it as it blends nicely. I wonder what more pics with different lighting would look like. However, the lower grill looks perf....finishes it off.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
awesome truck i like the neighborhood too

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys :worship:

Yes your suppose to run a front plate in Texas, and carriage works gives full color instructions/hardware to modify the bracket to re-install but Im just gonna roll dirty. Hell I see trans-ams, corvettes and alot of other vehicles with no plates every day.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts