GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
meow
15,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently my 2007 Tahoe does not have an additional GM equipped transmission cooler. I' like to add the factory hardliners if possible but having a hard time understanding the diagram. If I have no AUX cooler now, what lines do I need? The first diagram looks like it goes in and out of the rad (which I believe is how it currently is. And lower right diagram doesn't look like it goes through the radiator). :crazy:

Will be going with a tru-cool 40K when it's all said and done.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
How I ran mine is I capped off the holes to the radiator then got some hose slipped it over the stock hard line put a hose clamp then connected it to the cooler and another hose clamp. did it on both sides :0

·
meow
15,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After inspection of the Silverado, it appears line 1 from the top picture goes to line 1 on the lower right picture while Line 5 from the lower right goes to line 5 on the top picture (although the lines bends look a little weird on the diagram). Question now is how to tie into the lines as I'd prefer the factory clamp on style. I would like to avoid screw on hose clamps as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I use the wing style on my stuff. I just capped off the holes on the radiator, and slipped tubing over the hard line and clamped it down. I used zipties to hold everything out of the way. I now have stainless lines had to tie them out of the way as well.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I kept the factory rad cooler with mine. If you bypass is and live in a area that gets cold climates then the trans will not get up to operating temp.

·
meow
15,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I kept the factory rad cooler with mine. If you bypass is and live in a area that gets cold climates then the trans will not get up to operating temp.
From my understanding all vehicles run through the rad, just some go to external coolers and some go straight back to the trans.

I lived in Illinois with no bypass, everything ran fine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
GM makes a transmission cooler kit if you have the 4 speed transmission. Part# 19244188

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/19244188-Hitch-Trailering-Package-Transmission/dp/B0099O98S8"]Amazon.com: GM # 19244188 Hitch Trailering Package - Transmission Cooler - Auxiliary (Includes Transmission Oil Cooler, Pipe, Hose, Clip, and Bolts): [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@41gQ85ot1RL[/ame]

·
meow
15,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump, need to get this done in the next couple of weeks. So stupid questions to follow:

Will the trans leak fluid when I disconnect the lines and replace them with the new lines (more a question of how many qts I should expect, not if it will leak)?

How in Sam Hill do you get those lines disconnected from the trans?

Think I might drop it off at a transmission shop, I'm not sure my hands can fit in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts