GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 sierra has manual everything. I've seen a few power lock kits with and without keyless entry. Autoloc has a complete power lock + keyless entry but the reviews are quite dismal. SPAL makes what seems to be a quality power lock kit but it doesn't include keyless entry.

I'm sure if i could figure out which wires do what on the SPAL kit that i could just splice in a keyless entry kit to control the actuators, no?

Maybe there's other, quality, complete kits out there with power locks and keyless entry. I'd like to keep my budget under $150.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Got a keyless entry Viper system off Ebay for like $5, couple of actuators for around $10, and did what you're trying to accomplish. It's pretty simple and basic, not that hard to do.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
You can add keyless to a door lock kit no problem. You'd use the same relays but instead of the switch triggering the lock, the keyless would do it. They power door lock system will probably be positive trigger so depending on the keyless entry, you may have to also use 2 relays to make it positive trigger as most keyless are only negative trigger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts