GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of Ride-Rite helpers, part number 2430.

The ones I've had before bolted to the frame on top, then to the leaf springs on bottom. The ones for the new trucks use the axle to mount on the bottom with 4 hooks.

http://www.fsip.com/pdfs/RR/installation/2430.pdf

I'm using the Rough Country 6.5" rear lift blocks, so this may not work. I really need these, and really need them by next weekend.

Any suggestions? I emailed Firestone about this, just waiting for a response.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found those just as you were posting. They're not listed for the 07+ though. Wonder if what they do have will work?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I have the air ride ones that mount to the springs. I think they are the sport ride.

·
Lifted 2wd
389 Posts
Are the axle housings different in the 07+? The only issue I can think off would be brake line routing. It looks like they come with their own bracket that fits over the axle perch. If you're really in a bind, contact that shop in the link and ask them. Or you could just buy them and hope for the best, then return them if they don't work. It may cost a few bucks to return them, but if you really need them by next weekend and don't get a reply from Firestone, then......

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
take that back they are the air lift ride control springs

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ones I ordered are in teh link in teh instructions I posted. There's a diagram that shows how they mount and by looking at that, they won't work without spacers.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Only thing I would say you could do is make your own brackets under the spring and bolt it together with bolts instead of the J-hooks. That is what I would do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts