GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so was going through craigslist and found full dark pewter leather interior for 400 bucks i got front and back seats and door panels with the switches for the heat elelment. so i know i will have to swap the door panels no big deal but my passenger side doesnt even have power and i want to use all features any tips advice or warnings i know i might have to have the bcm flash, and thats fine. are these just plug n play or will i need to run new wire, relay, modules? especially the passenger side

anyone who has done this thanks for your time i really appreciate it

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
is this on a NBS or NNBS? All i can tell you is that the switches for heat (the ones mounted on the door panels) plug into your door modules - window switches. It is the one labled green i believe. This leads me to believe that you will have to add/do some rewireing under the dash to get the heated part to work. the reast is just power and ground.

Mr. 960

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
From what I've read i'm guessing its mostly plug and play, but you'll need to have the BCM flashed for the heat to work.

·
TTG shawty
3,101 Posts
for power, you just run power+ground to get the power feature and lumbar to work. for heated you'll need the same, but you'll need to the BCM and wiring to make work. theres a write up on the seats somewhere. i used it when i did mine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you're upgrading from the 4way power cloth on the drivers side only to 8way power heated, it is not plug and play, you need the wiring harness for the seats from the donor truck.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks guys i have the door panels with the heated seat switch if you know where the right up is could u please link i would greatly appreciate it, from looking at it i assume that i will have to buy the wire harness for the passenger side and prob reflash the bcm.. thanks alot though fellas

thanks pdxmatt im am upgrading from a 4 ways so i guess i need both wire harnesses than

again any link to a write would be appreciated greatly

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do u guys know if the bcm is interchangeable, could i take it from a donor truck and swap it with mine.. or would it still have to be reflashed ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts