GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 01 sierra wt and would like to add power folding mirrors with turn signal. do any of you know how to do it? what i would need?

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,396 Posts
they didn't go from no power to power.

you'd need to change the wiring harnesses in the doors, dash, bcm, fuse box... ectc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any idea on how? Or what exactly would be needed.
I have no power windows or locks either.
So I'll need a wiring harness that has all those feature right?

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,396 Posts
do a search in the interior section for threads started by me. you'll find what you need.

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,396 Posts
it is indeed

·
Registered
506 Posts
Unless your adding power locks, windows, DIC controls, etc. at the same time like I did it's not worth adding just mirrors. They won't be folding but Street Scene has a power mirror kit to add their Cal Vu mirrors to a manual mirror truck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i will be adding power mirrors and locks.
i like the power mirrors and was wondering how to do it.
ill just search for Timmy's thread.
thanks guys

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
i will second the...lots of work idea! lol

i have an 04 w/t rcsb and like timmy did to his i added power everything.....its a tonnnn of work ide say unless u plan on keepin the truck for a lota years dont do it not worth the time and money. just get a set of street scene i think with them u can just get a power and ground. maybe im not sure though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I lookEd at the street scene ones I don't like them I like the oem better than anything I've seen. Might be Lot of work but I think it's worth:imo i just wanted some input on what is needed. Thanx for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts