GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
So I know you are probably thinking search!!! But This is a new idea, which I would like to think is a good one! Not shore if this should be posted in here or in the electronics section.

So what I have is 2 Chevy Tahoe rear window switches. Which look totally OEM and they appear to have their own relay inside, which will make wiring them easy.

I'm thinking about mounting them in a central location so both driver and passenger can get to them (like a BMW)

So I need to find a wiring diagram for the pin-outs on these switches. Then I need help deciding where to put mount them. My truck is a 2003 SCSB (the switches are pre 03 so no pulse modulation)

This is my only idea so far, either where the vent used to be in this pix or the air bag spot. Where did he put his air bag switch?
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/3055000-3055999/3055714_11_full.jpg

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He probably buried it in the dash.

I don't think those switches have a built-in relay and work the way you think they do. I think they hook up to the BCM like any other NBS window switch.
Well they don't seem to be pulse modulation... And I was told they directly control the window that they are for. Where did you hear that they use the BCM? I noticed if you go in a car with them working, you can hear the relay click at the door the window is operating at. This would lead me to believe that they have a relay in the switch, I could be wrong though. Any one have a diagram or can get one for me? :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found a schematic online. I can usually understand schematics but this one is confusing me... I got the pig tail with the switch and the letters in the diagram go to the letters on the wires. Guess that's one step out of the way.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! When I get home I'll post a close up of them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts