GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to add SiriusXM to my Silverado, the truck came with XM when it was new so I have a factory antenna. I have a Pioneer AVHX5500BHS in the truck now, which tuner would I need to be able to use the factory antenna?

Is this is the correct one?
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/SiriusXM-SXV200v1-Connect-SiriusXM-Ready-Receivers/dp/B007T0NM2M[/ame]

Also how would I connect that tuner to my OEM antenna?

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure if you are NNBS or NBS but I just got that unit installed in my NNBS using the factory antenna. If you have NBS skip right to the video link and you will be all set. It will plug and play no problem without any adapter. I'm not sure if its compatible with your HU but if it is that's the one you will want.

Install is super simple. All You will need to do is open up the glove box and then there is a push tab located in the center of the top of the glove box that allows the glove box open fully. Pressing the tab in will allow you to drop the glove box all the way to the floor and give you space to get at the factory XM tuner that is mounted in there. Next you need to disconnect the antenna wire from the tuner and then take the yellow factory antenna plug off the wire/lead. Once that yellow cover has been removed the wire will plug right into the sxv200.

The next step is optional but you can fully remove the stock XM tuner. The tuner is clipped into a bracket so you wont need any tools to fully remove it. Just hold the bottom clips out of the way and the unit slides out. I suppose you can leave it in there disconnected if you want, but I didn't.

This video is for NBS but works as a visual if you are NNBS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts