GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is prolly going to result in me not spending any money but I was wondering can you add cruise or the steering wheel controls to a truck that didn't come with those options? I figure those wheels are so cheap if I could get the harnesses too and spend a little more it be worth it

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump anyone

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
No you can NOT add cruise to an NNBS truck that didn't come with it. The harness is not there and cruise is disabled via the BCM.

You can, however, add radio controls to a truck that came with cruise....but that doesn't help you.

Have you done the DIC mod yet?

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
I have a 2008 NNBS reg. cab WT and mine does not have the plug behind the dash to do the DIC upgrade. Can anyone else confirm this on a regular cab WT?

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
my 08 w/t has the dic wires.. but my w/t also has cruise control.

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
Yea mine has the Cruise control too plus I also got the PL, PW, & PM options as well so i really dont know why mine doesn't have the DIC plug there. Maybe it is just really buried back down in there and I just need to look harder and try to find it.

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
Guess I'll go pull that panel off tonight and try to find the plug back there.

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
I must have been a complete idiot the first time I looked behind the panel but I went and checked during lunch and found the plug immediately. I am going to be ordering the DIC this afternoon. Is the best way to order the parts separately?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DIC is on my plan of mods

Do you need the new cluster (6 gauge one) or just the buttons, a BCM flash, and what else?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
DIC is on my plan of mods

Do you need the new cluster (6 gauge one) or just the buttons, a BCM flash, and what else?
Just the panel and buttons, no BCM flash or cluster it's all plug and play. Like 60 bucks that's all.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I must have been a complete idiot the first time I looked behind the panel but I went and checked during lunch and found the plug immediately. I am going to be ordering the DIC this afternoon. Is the best way to order the parts separately?
Yes sepreste saves money. I posted the part numbers a while back for the panel and buttons individually.

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
Yes sepreste saves money. I posted the part numbers a while back for the panel and buttons individually.
Thanks for those numbers....I went on this afternoon and ordered them separately and ended up paying $61 total and that included the shipping which was like $13.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what are the numbers?

its only $72 +shipping ordering the whole part as one item.

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
if you buy the parts separately it is only $45 and then you pay $16 total for shipping coming to around $61...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sweet I'm going to order it tonight

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ordered, got the power take off plate too $66 shipped for all 3 things

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is it true that the instant mpg only works on the 5.3?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts