GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was looking on silveradoss.com and in the how to's there it says: Take the top cover of the fuse box off, there are clips on the front and back to remove it. Turn it over and you will see a GREEN square block. Use the prior thread or your shop book to locate D6. If D6 has 2 purple wire in its place then you do have a foglight harness installed.

so am i correct to belive i already have the wires installed? or is the very top row #6 and i would need to add the wires?
20150313_173013_zps926et7vv.jpg

20150313_173030_zpsrobh0erq.jpg

and if i need to add the wires, can i just run one wire as a triger and run a relay off of this and pull power from the batty? kind of like a stand alone harness?

and what are these other wires for?

20150313_173040_zps55qhjsfo.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
so i was looking on silveradoss.com and in the how to's there it says: Take the top cover of the fuse box off, there are clips on the front and back to remove it. Turn it over and you will see a GREEN square block. Use the prior thread or your shop book to locate D6. If D6 has 2 purple wire in its place then you do have a foglight harness installed.

so am i correct to belive i already have the wires installed? or is the very top row #6 and i would need to add the wires?

and if i need to add the wires, can i just run one wire as a triger and run a relay off of this and pull power from the batty? kind of like a stand alone harness?
The connector should be labeled with the locations IIRC

Bottom connector looks like HID relay harness

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well my fog light switch is in and installed.
20150320_164142_zpscfcfzlos.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Did you look for the plugs behind the bumper tucked up? My uncles on his suburban were like that.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there are no wires were they would be.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Are you going off the write up I did on SilveradoSS? That's my truck and it's for 03+. I'm not sure where the pin is for the fogs on a 99-02. It might be the same, but might not be.

I added the switch, fogs, additional fog relay on the fuse box and ran new wiring from the pin in the green block to the fogs. Just 2 wires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts