GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
U-Turn Master
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '03 with the Bose stereo including sub in the console. I've read that I should use the PAC AOEM-GM24 interface to add a sub to my system. I've also read that the MTX RE-q is the best thing going for this situation. Then, all my local shops are telling me to save my money and just tap into my stock sub output using a PAC SNI 15 or a LOCX. I'm confused as to who to believe. I think the PAC AOEM-GM24 has a remote turn on for the amp, that is a plus as it seems that it would be the easiest plug and play interface, but don't know what is best.

Part 2 is that I need to run a couple cooling fans. How do I go about wiring them to kick on with the amp. Do I use the remote wire to trigger a relay?
Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
im in the same stage of the game as you. from what i gather, a $20 LOC tapped to the FRONT speakers or the stock sub is the way to go. the remote can be sent to either the stock amp (pink wire) or you can check and see if you have the 6 pins open in your driver side fuse panel....bottom left is the one you want. this is all stuff i have been told, i have yet to start the install (waiting on shopping/building a box).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts