GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for experienced help so I came here lol

Anyways 04 sierra sle 1500 got kids so I need to do under rear seat but what's gonna give me the best/ loudest sound... Looking for best port direction really thinking subs facing forward will sound best but really don't know... Cannot and do not want to go pre fab so help a fella out

Also if you know someone that does amazing customs and can show off their work I'm interested in getting one built so yea

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
u wanna hit 50s with this setup?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
haha im still waiting to see the 146 you hit in your taco on a single 10 and a prefab box

you cant hide from me

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seriously now all jokes aside that was unrealistic and everyone ran with that shit

The tacos legit end of story on that and I will post results from next comp I go to... So put on your depends for that cause that shits real

Now can I get some serious advice for this build fellas

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
1.5cubes net, with 28" of port

you will need to lift the seat quite a bit

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
the back sits inside hooks. it will slide. But if you lift it to high the hooks wont hold

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this something I'm gonna have to custom build or are their seat lifts available on the market..

And if I'm gonna have to lift it couldn't I go larger than 1.5?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've removed the seat several times I just figured the slot hooks would hinder the ability to lift it for a larger enclosure

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
yes you need to nake a bracket. i think 2" is max for the hooks to work. there is a guy on here that already did what you want. Just need to look for the build

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I'm in luck I have machinists in my family hopefully I can talk one of them into building me a custom bracket...

Do you recall the build?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
you dont need a machinist. You need a little imagination, and some nuts and bolts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's kinda what I had in mind the c channel but with steel in case the kids get fat on us lol... But with my family I could design a pattern and have it cut out of the c channel via precision cnc... Maybe run some colored led to back lite the cutout eh now that sounds a little creative

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
It's basicslly like a the flared end of an aero port.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So the port length would stop where the kerf begins... And would allow air to flow more freely right

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
So the port length would stop where the kerf begins... And would allow air to flow more freely right
Im kind of wondering the same thing. I was told that kerfing makes a very minimal difference in output its mainly for getting a couple extra tenths of a decibel when competing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts