GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinkin about gettin rid of my wheels and tires and gettin some rockstars in nitto terra grapplers. Would it look alright to do this at the height my truck sits now or should I lift it a few more inches to fit 33s?

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the main problem with that is I don't wanna spend too much and i could get more if I sold my wheels and tires as a package. Then it would cost about 2800 for rockstars+nittos

·
Maniac
692 Posts
Well the main problem with that is I don't wanna spend too much and i could get more if I sold my wheels and tires as a package. Then it would cost about 2800 for rockstars+nittos
Who is quoting that rip off?? What size do you want to run? You can find them way cheaper.

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
I say you lower it on the wheels you have now.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
nitto terra grapplers are not aggressive enough for me:imo

·
Maniac
692 Posts
took 3 minutes to find that with GOOOOOOOOOOOGLE

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't want really aggressive tires. I do alot of long distance driving. I found the wheels on ebay for $1200. And I wanna get my tires from discount tire because they have great lifetime service.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Dude! KMC Hoss's in either black or machined would look tits on your truck along with a 33 12.50 20 IMO. But im guessing you want to roll 22's ? In that case lift it up another couple inches and run the same size tire cornell is running.

IMO

hoss_machined.jpg

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Get some dune grapplers are something if a mud terrian is too aggressive for you. In my opinion those 'street' tires are really killing the look because there is no sidewall action going on.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Get some dune grapplers are something if a mud terrian is too aggressive for you. In my opinion those 'street' tires are really killing the look because there is no sidewall action going on.
The only shitty thing is dune grapplers come in short sizes for 22's. He's hardly gaining any ground.

Id go with a 285/55/22 Terra Grappler 34.3'' tall 11.8'' wide. Perfect for his truck IMO.

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those KMC's look good. I'm still shoppin around for wheels, not set on rockstars. And I can't lift it any more without gettin into a full size lift kit or body lift(which I don't want). I think the terra grapplers would work well for me. The main point of this is to get rid of the street tires.

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The only shitty thing is dune grapplers come in short sizes for 22's. He's hardly gaining any ground.

Id go with a 285/55/22 Terra Grappler 34.3'' tall 11.8'' wide. Perfect for his truck IMO.
The tires that are on it right now are a little under 32"s and they rub. There's no way I could fit 33's let alone 34.3's. That's why i was thinkin the same size tire I have no in terra graps(305/40/22).

·
Maniac
692 Posts
If you're due for tires, then get tires. Save money until you find the wheels that do it for you. That is probably the best thing you could do for your self at this point.

On a side note, my Rockstars look good, but I can't wait for my lift and gearing parts to come in. They will look so much better in 35" than the current 33" I have on it now. Hopefully really soon, ordered everything today, I want it now!!!!!!!!!!

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
That's why i was thinkin the same size tire I have no in terra graps(305/40/22).
Well shit son. Its a done deal, i cant believe your rubbing 305/40/22's they just seem too low pro for my tastes. Im guessing your truck doesnt have a leveling kit or anything.

305/40/22 Terra Grapplers 31.6'' tall however the width isnt too bad being its 12.3'' still seems kind of weak but should look good none the less.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts