GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
U-Turn Master
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I have is a Slam Air helper bag setup and I would like a simple setup to control the air. I'm thinking a average compressor w/ a small tank and some slow valves would be fine. I'd like a couple guages (tank and bags.) I just would like some easy adjustability when I need it once in a while. I'll probably run some small air horn off of it someday, that's it. What would ya'll recomend. I'm a static guy so any advice is apreciated.

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
I would just get a small 3 gallon and small viar compressor. You could get away just useing 2 valves on it so that will save some $$. Prolly with all the parts an line an fittings your lookin around 300-350$

·
TurtlePusher
500 Posts
use a 3 gallon tanks and small ViAir compressor like said above. Instead of valves, i would my a manual paddle valve w/gauge like this.
26161l.jpg

Here is what i had for my helper bag setup, i never installed, i ended up selling it all locally.
100_1164.jpg

100_1162.jpg

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
viair sells a onboard system. thats what i have for now. and they give you a hookup for a air hose if you need to pump something up.

·
U-Turn Master
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would it be better to set them up independantly so that the air won't go from bag to bag and cause more body roll? Or will it make much difference if they are tee'd together?

Nick, how do you like the viair kit?

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
With the 1/4 line its so small it won't be able to transefer fast enough. But since its not fully on air you wont have body roll due to your springs. The bags might decrease it a little also.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
it would take some modification, a paddle switch, and a few fittings. other than that i like it. since i have a 4-link now, of course i want valves and more control. but for you, i think it would be perfect.

i think if you put valves on the bags. it might be too fast for the leaf springs.

·
U-Turn Master
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts