GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what brand of OTC polish to buy before applying the wax... Also, what type of "dressing" or protectant is best to use on all of the weather stripping and molding before waxing? From what I can gather, this helps the wax not stick to the black stuff when you get sloppy with the motion, right?

·
Registered
318 Posts
OTC polish I would go with Meguiars SwirlX, if you need something more aggressive I would go with their Ultimate Compound.

For the weather stripping a good OTC product would be 303 protectant or Meguiars Natural Shine.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
In the time it took you to make 2 threads about best OTC products, you could've ordered a nice assortment of items from Chris and had them by the weekend :crazy:

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
Ryan, if you don't have a machine I honestly wouldn't waste my time polishing. While it doesn't sound too helpful, I'm sure you would appreciate it if you put 3 hours into your paint to see the swirl marks are still there.

PS: Migliore waxes won't stain trim pieces :D.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can someone explain the difference in the Migliore fine wax and the frutta? My truck is red, and the bride's van is a burgundy/plum color... What would be best? I have always used the Mothers wax outta the red can from advance (smells nice...). All of this will be done by hand if that helps at all. Thanks again fellas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts