GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I'm all on my own here, But I have a 6" DJM flip kit and after I Instaleld the Notch and driving around for alomost a week, I noticed that I have a dent on the bottom crossrail of my bed above the Pumpkin. I noticed that I have mosre Clearance from the axle to the pancake bumpstops than I do straight up from the Diff to the bed..

Is this normal on an NBS?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Yeah, try running around with an 8" drop...

We cut a notch out of the crossmember and now it has plenty of room to go up and down :D

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
When I had a 7" drop out back, I had that problem too, but not frequenty. I'd get some nice stiff shocks.

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
My Belltech flipkit came with a notched crossmember to replace the member above the pumpkin...

I've also installed a set of Airlift helper bags to reduce bottoming out.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stiffer shocks?... I have Brand New DT shocks all around... it still hits....

I am sure that when I notch the Bed Cross rail, it won't happen anymore.. It's just slightly less clearance than from my axle to bumpstop how it is.... it doesnt hit all that much.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i had a 8" drop on the back of my old nbs silverado, i had to notch the bed support, altho it still bottomed out a lot.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
Stiffer shocks?... I have Brand New DT shocks all around... it still hits....

I am sure that when I notch the Bed Cross rail, it won't happen anymore.. It's just slightly less clearance than from my axle to bumpstop how it is.... it doesnt hit all that much.

I have a brand new bed suport notch that oklagmcruiser is talking about that I didn't use, sell it for 35.00. Pm me if interested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts