GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
TRUCKMODCENTRAL.COM
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I filled up last night and I have put about 47 miles on the truck up to the point of this photo....

The wife and I went out and drove probably another 20-25 miles and it now rests at 20.0

So I am pretty pleased with that! It will change and be consistent around 18 when I get the bigger tires put on...

This driving was done in speed zones 45-55 and I will float 5-10 over... At the same time in the 47 miles (this was from home and to work and back home) there is about a dozen traffic lights and I usually hit about half of them each trip....

0708091702.jpg

P.S. If you were wondering check my other threads... Installed tune and exhaust!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
yeah wait til you run out of gas, fill up, and divide your miles on the trip odo. by the number of gallons you put in, tahts the real mileage, then you can see what it is off percentage wise from the DIC, after a couple fill ups youll be able to just times the number on the dic by the % it is off and figure out your real mpgs.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
let us know after 2 full tank hand calculated

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
DIC MPG is crap anyways, I use for miles till empty though..Pretty accurate too :eek:

·
TRUCKMODCENTRAL.COM
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DIC MPG is crap anyways, I use for miles till empty though..Pretty accurate too :eek:
For me though every time that I calculate miles by gallons added it ends up being dead on or a little more than the DIC by like .1-.2

·
TRUCKMODCENTRAL.COM
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I just filled up tonight after 427 miles I added 23.2 gallons to fill me tank... This equals to 18.4 miles to the gallon...

I did end up towing on this tank like 40 miles worth and I pulled our 5500 lb trailer with bobcat..

Was talking to a friend that has a similar set up and he got 24-25mpg on a tank on the highway going about 65-70mph... Not to bed for about 7000lbs....

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Was talking to a friend that has a similar set up and he got 24-25mpg on a tank on the highway going about 65-70mph... Not to bed for about 7000lbs....
25 mpg..... im calling bullshit.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
yeah thats bs, best Ive seen is my buddies powerstroke thats chipped and what not, 22.3 mpgs going 65 empty with just me and him in it from central IL to the wisconsin border aka flat land.

·
TRUCKMODCENTRAL.COM
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bet thats what the DIC said going downhill :rofl2:
Could be.. But I wont know what numbers I will get till I take a road trip... about 60% of my tank was back and fourth to work... Its about 50 miles from home to work and then back home.. The speed limit is like 45-55 and when I can I try to go 5-10 over... Between home and work there are about 12-14 stop lights and I usually hit about 6-8 of them 1 way every time..
Half of my tank I drove it nice... The other half I got on it a little more passing people and pulling a trailer... The finish result with the DIC was 18.3 I calculated 427mi/23.2 Gals added so yeah I guess you guys are right the DIC isnt accurate! :lol:

I know that in my bosses OBS Duramax the DIC wasnt very accurate... But I havent seen a flaw in mine.. Yes the more miles traveled the close you get to the end result..

When I burned the first gallon driving like gramps Odometer said I want 20 miles...

I am not saying that you can get 25mpg and I am not going to say you cant cause I havent tried.. But I am pretty sure that I will get better results when I actually burn an entire tank without stopping until I refill..

:lol: Its funny hearing BS from the half ton drivers too... Especially with a v6 4.3 :hahano:

·
TRUCKMODCENTRAL.COM
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah thats bs, best Ive seen is my buddies powerstroke thats chipped and what not, 22.3 mpgs going 65 empty with just me and him in it from central IL to the wisconsin border aka flat land.
hand helds and chips are crap... So there is nothing better than EFI Live IMO! but you would have to :read: before you knew anything about that! :p

Cause 22.3 is so far off from 25 mpg's :lol: Especially coming from a powerjoke!

I almost bought a PPE Hot+2 W/dpf Delete(Handheld) which comes with a lot of hp(like350-450) but only offered about half of what you can get with the EFI Live... The more upgrades that you do to the turbo,tranny and fuel system the more hp you can add... I have seen programs with trucks heavily upgraded up to an additional 1000hp!

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
if it makes you feel better to think you are getting 25 mpg, go for it. it doesn't impress anyone else. 18-21 is doable. dont expect much better than that in a 7000 lb truck, diesel or not.

·
TRUCKMODCENTRAL.COM
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if it makes you feel better to think you are getting 25 mpg, go for it. it doesn't impress anyone else. 18-21 is doable. dont expect much better than that in a 7000 lb truck, diesel or not.
FAIL^^^Cause I really said that I was getting 25 mpg :lol:

I guess you dont read do you????? :lol: Especially since you are talking from personal experience and all...

·
Registered
103 Posts
You do know that tunes will make the DIC even more inaccurate because it changes the fuel tables and whatnot?
mine was off about 1mpg before tune. with tune its only off about .3-.4 mpg so far. thats only been 2 tanks of gas, im working on my third.

my gfs Hyundai DIC is very accurate. on our south carolina trip with 4 tanks of gas it was only off .1mpg. and with the 12 fillups since then, its been only off by .2-.3 mpg.

some are very inaccurate though, my uncles 03 durmax was always 2-3mpg off.

·
TRUCKMODCENTRAL.COM
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mine was off about 1mpg before tune. with tune its only off about .3-.4 mpg so far. thats only been 2 tanks of gas, im working on my third.

my gfs Hyundai DIC is very accurate. on our south carolina trip with 4 tanks of gas it was only off .1mpg. and with the 12 fillups since then, its been only off by .2-.3 mpg.

I am working on the EFI software... I found some codes to change in the program that makes the DIC accurate when you find that its not accurate after the tune...

But this will only benefit those with the EFI Live!

·
Registered
826 Posts

I was speaking more specifically about duramaxs, because there are more changes made than to a gas engine

1 - 20 of 23 Posts