GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 suburban. I've been looking around at some aftermarket air intakes. My question is what is the difference from k&n or airaid intakes. Is it just the price and name? Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Your stock intake is a cold air intake in a sense since its got an enclosed filter element. Getting a cone type k+n style intake kit will flow better than stock but will not be the coolest air you can get. I believe the airaid mit kit with just the intake tube is the best one. About 200$ and dynoed by blackbear as the best option on the market for performance. Get the airaid tube and k and n filter for your stock airbox.

Posted from Gmfullsize.com App for Android

·
Registered
332 Posts
Get the airaid tube and k and n filter for your stock airbox.
This :emotions34: Do not get an open airbox. Save your money, buy the airaid intake tube that goes from your airbox to your intake. And get a good airfilter, preferably a dry filter that you don't have to re oil. The oil gets all over the MAF and Throttle Position sensors.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
This :emotions34: Do not get an open airbox. Save your money, buy the airaid intake tube that goes from your airbox to your intake. And get a good airfilter, preferably a dry filter that you don't have to re oil. The oil gets all over the MAF and Throttle Position sensors.
I've run oiled filters for years with no problems. Most people figure if a little oil is good, so more must be better and end up causing issues.

·
A-10C Jet Engine Mechanic
163 Posts
I got the volant CAI, mine has the powercore filter and fully enclosed air box. Looks better than stock too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts