GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting some black tinted aftermarket headlights but not sure what yet. I know Carid carries some. I'm wanting to also add HID's to them. Can this be done? Also looking for opinions on headlights. I am new to this and don't know much about HID's.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It can be done, but just because it can be done not mean you should do it. yes the hids are plug and play and will fit fine but aftermarket headlights. The cheap aftermarket headlights are going to scatter the light everywhere and blind all oncoming traffic and not give you a good beam pattern or throw the light very far because of cheaply made and no proper projector bulb. They are not designed to be used with Hids, although hids can be used in them.

In other words, save your money and do a projector retrofit and just paint them black when they are apart. Do it right, dont do it cheap. They will actually look good with a retrofit and have actual "performance" other than take a crap on you in 6 months when they are all fogged up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts