GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just installed my B&M tranny temp gauge in the factory location and am going to try and get it all wired up soon. the gauge came with a kit to put the sensor in the fluid line but for some reason i had it in my had that there is a plug in the tranny that i can screw the sensor into... is this true? any help/advice would be great. thanks!

·
Registered
965 Posts
im not sure but i think there is a spot on the return or feed line to the tranny that you can plug that sensor into.

on my trans gauge i drilled and tapped the pan for my sensor

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not sure but i think there is a spot on the return or feed line to the tranny that you can plug that sensor into.

on my trans gauge i drilled and tapped the pan for my sensor
can you give me some more info on it?

·
Registered
965 Posts
this is all that i could find on the information for ya...

There is a port on the drivers side of your trans. remove plug install sending unit from Autometer gauge kit and install the gauge

and pics..

misc033.gif

misc032.gif

·
Registered
965 Posts
i had an Interceptor gauge for a while and it was reading my trans temp as well along with my autometer gauge. the interceptor was correct since it was reading the computer but my autometer gauge was pretty acurate along wit the interceptor gauge

·
Registered
965 Posts
well that plug is what i added before i installed that TCI pan. im still looking at more information on the install in the line for ya.

so if anyone else out there know's please feel free to chime in...

·
Registered
586 Posts
I had mine in the pressure port for a while. It read the same temp there as it does in its current location - in the pan. I had a bung welded to the pan.

IMG_0603.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
The pressure port is on the drivers side about middle of the trans. The port is above the linkage..Its real easy to get to.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yeah upper side of case, has a plug in it. Get a pic, we'll circle it.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Do you have to remove the linkage

1 - 20 of 45 Posts