GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've replaced the knock sensors 3 times in my 02 Silverado 5.3 and it's reading low on bank 2 again what can be done about this? I replaced harness and both sensors 3 times and still same thing and it's not wet.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Well, there's more of the harness that can be a problem than just the short, relatively easily replaceable section of the harness near the knock sensors themselves. There's also the ecm.

What you may want to consider doing, is to find the diagnostic procedure for the code you are getting, and then go through it to identify where the problem is and how to fix it.

·
The great white Canadian
2,028 Posts
Is it possible the knock sensors are going bad due to an actual knock issue? Have you check the spark plugs, is there a substantial build up of carbon in the engine, is the timing advanced too much, etc?
What are the actual codes you get when the knock sensor goes? What's the time line between failure?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Is it possible the knock sensors are going bad due to an actual knock issue? Have you check the spark plugs, is there a substantial build up of carbon in the engine, is the timing advanced too much, etc?
What are the actual codes you get when the knock sensor goes? What's the time line between failure?
AGREED!!!!

I'd pull the plugs and read em...A plug tells you more about an engine than some people think. Could be a gasket leak or valve guide causing carbon build up in engines...Tons of reasons to knock...
Pulling plugs can help knock out steps in finding issues.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
First thing my father taught me was how to read a plug.

He said, "A spark plug doesn't lie."

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts