GMC Truck Forum banner

Ahhh Just another couple of weeks

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  KoTToN 
#1 ·
Just a few weeks until i start ordering my SFA parts. I still need to buy a rear axle but that isnt hard to find at all around here and then i just need my new hubs and a new stud for the front and then i will be ready. I cant wait!! :bowtie:

#2 ·
awsome man, know youve been working on it as long as I have. Cant wait to see how it comes together. Are you doing all of the work yourself? What size tires, gears etc? If all goes right ill be doing my swap in about 5 months.... Soooo much more money needed....

#3 ·
well i would love to do this myself but i dont have the tools to do it. I know a torch works fine for cutting all the IFS out but i would prefer a plasma cutter but i dont have one. I also dont have anyway to get the truck high enough off the ground to be able to swap everything in. Besides the guy who is doing it said at most he will only charge 800 bucks labor. What ill be doing in a few weeks is just putting in the springs axles and such to lift it. Ill be sitting on some old 8 lug rims and tires once i find them for a while because i dont really want to drive it until I have all the money together for the tires, rims, and front D-shaft. So even though it will have the lift and such it wont be done yet.
Im just taking it one step at a time

#5 ·
well ive also looked over the stuff and saw that it seems pretty easy but i dunno if i feel comfortable doing it. THe guy thats doing it is actually Jason at Kat Kustoms who built that huge ass ford so im gonna feel completely safe with him doing it

#7 ·
No i havent been to his shop lately but probably in a few weeks i will just because i want to discuss with him all these plans i have and what i want done. I actually only live at most 20 minutes away from him so its not far. BTW whats he doing to this dodge?

#8 ·
Smith said:
No i havent been to his shop lately but probably in a few weeks i will just because i want to discuss with him all these plans i have and what i want done. I actually only live at most 20 minutes away from him so its not far. BTW whats he doing to this dodge?
Dodge is getting a 12v cummins with mods, aset of rocks 52" goodyears and fourlink with 30"s of lift viea airbags.

#11 ·
Well i think im gonna call Jason tomorow and set up a date to come in and talk to him about my truck probably next tues or thurs. If i do ill take a camera and get some pics. Man my truck isnt gonna be anything compared to the other stuff this man cranks out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.