GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i just air bagged my 2000 silverado and i monoleafed it was wondering if it as bad on you ride and how bad it was even if it isnt a daily driver. so whats up

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I wouldn't ever consider AOL'n a truck because I'd be worried about the leaf giving after a while, plus you can get more lift out of other setups, my 2 link lays frame and then lifts up .5" lower than factory height

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
liquidice42000 said:
yeah i just air bagged my 2000 silverado and i monoleafed it was wondering if it as bad on you ride and how bad it was even if it isnt a daily driver. so whats up
I figuired this would be an ideal question to ask before you bag a ride but hey....oh well.

A few have told me the ride sucks and some say it's mediocre. I've never talked to anyone really happy with your setup. It's very stressful on your leafs depending on how low or high you flex them. It's nothing I'd ever do....

Cameron

·
Registered
559 Posts
the leaf spring wont "give" cuz it is supported by the bag,when a truck is monoleafed, 98% the support is now one by the air bag,the monoleaf is just there to keep the axle straight just as a 4link or a 2link would come in to play. i had my truck laid with helper bags on my leafs, it rode rough,thats all i can say,i just switched to a kp 4link/cantilever and it rides 1000xs better than it did on the leafs

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for my monoleaf it actuallys rides pretty smooth i can drive about 2 inches fromthe ground without scraping but the leaf spring will not break the only thing about my set up is the i dont get alot of travel when i dump air into the bag

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah about that much but truck lays out hard when dumped. i am trying get some pics on the comp pretty soon. but besides that it is a pretty nice truck. i just got an hd hood it looks nice. pics coming soon i hope. but anyways your truck is pretty sic.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
To answer your question not all 2 links have to be welded on.
I just don't like the idea of your ride depending on staying up off the ground on just one thin leaf, that's what I meant. A big bar makes me feel better.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have an IF setup, but if I had it to do over I'd go with the KP reverese 4 link over anything. The only thing you have to weld on my setup is the upper bag mounts and the trac bar. I don't think there is any welding on the KP kit. I know IF sells the entire 2 link kit for $700 and thats with the cups and bag plates which you don't need.
http://www.ifcustom.com

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
way2hi said:
I have an IF setup, but if I had it to do over I'd go with the KP reverese 4 link over anything. The only thing you have to weld on my setup is the upper bag mounts and the trac bar. I don't think there is any welding on the KP kit. I know IF sells the entire 2 link kit for $700 and thats with the cups and bag plates which you don't need.
http://www.ifcustom.com
way2hi is right, the KP cantilever parallel 4 link bolts on COMPLETELY and is not much more expensive than the IF INFERIOR 2 link. The only thing that needs to be welded is a step notch to lay out, but from what I've read in your posts, you already have one......

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
groundscraper said:
way2hi is right, the KP cantilever parallel 4 link bolts on COMPLETELY and is not much more expensive than the IF INFERIOR 2 link. The only thing that needs to be welded is a step notch to lay out, but from what I've read in your posts, you already have one......
Hey now my kit took skillz to install on :anitoof:
The only thing I don't like about mine is that it's not a 4 link, I plan on swithing to a 4 link next year sometime.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts