GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
air lift wont be in until tue proabally

my problem is the damn belt they sent is'nt long enough to go around the new alt pulley/ clutch they supplied with the kit i went to o'riley today and tried about 4 belts and the one that was slighty big enough to fit had too much slack in it to even tighten up when i moved the idler down to the lowest spot on the bracket. so i think something is off so i doulble check everything and the bracket sits in the same exact spot as every kit i have seen every thing looks the same except the idler is a littlke crooked in relation to the alt pulley and clutch

the only thing i can think of doing is getting another idler guide that is a bigger dia. but i dont even think that will work

i will try to get some big pics up asap

oh yea they say you might have to roll the engine over to get the belt on but that doesnt move the alt or the bracket at all????

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
there is no Belt that will just Fit right when you put it on???

let's see some damn pics anyways...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

anybody have any ideas???

chris i couldnt find a belt that fit right the one i found that just barely slipped over was way too loose after i pulled the idler down to the lowest setting as a matter of fact it didnt even touch the belt :think: :think:

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
i just finished installing my air commander, all i have to do is run the line back to the bed, everything is set up and ready, i had a hell of a time with the belt thing, my AC is on the other side of the engine, a 28inch belt was WAY too loose for me but a 27inch BARELY FIT. what i id was go with the 27 inch ( which is NOT going to be what you need) and like i said i got it started by putting it over the clutch assy first, then starting it over the ALT pulley and using the big TORX inside the alternator pulley, used a ratched to spin the alternator until the belt finally set into place, what i really need is a 27.5 inch belt, but noone seems to carry one

hope this might help ya

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will go try that :think:

ok that didnt work in the slightest maybe someone will chime in sometime with there belt number

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
hmm on mine... i put the belt on b4 i mounted the compressor... it worked... or awhile ago i loosened the top bolt, and moved the compressor over on the top, so i could get the belt, and then i retightened it. I had a horrible time trying to figure out how to get it to run when i broke my belt in a parking lot. I didn't have enough air to drive, and yea... autozone was about 5 blocks away. I made maybe 7 trips.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Something you can try is with a friends help or some other means is losen the main serpentine belt on your engine and then while it's loose, turn the alternator pulley to help rotate the belt on.

You can also try and use spacers between the compressor and the bracket. BTW, I just realized how much smaller the 209 is fromt he 210. :crazy:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
why';d they switch? anyone know? i have a 209... but for some reason everyone tells me the 210R is the better compressor...

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I don't know about the 210R, never heard of it. I'm currently working with a 210L wich is the deep stroke version. It's better because it can build higher pressure and it's quicker.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
if they were the same damn size i'd be running a 210 right about now... i've just had bad luck with my 209.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I got the airlift kit as well for the NBS and when I ordered it they sent me a NAPA belt # 7315, since then I went and bought a second one from my local NAPA and it worked like a champ, why I had to by a second one in the frist place is my mistake. but try that belt it should work fine for you .

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
as far as i know of , the differnce from the 210R and the 210L is which side the suction is from, right or left, i don't thinkg theres any rela diff between the R and L the diff between the 210 and 209 is the amountof CFM it produces at a designated RPM, i really don't think theres a HUGE differnce between the 2, maybe i'm wrong

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
There isn't really. The 210 is taller I know and you are right about the R and L. I forget the deep stroke code but I know I have one but am too lazy to look. :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok problem solved i had to take the bolt closest to the passenger side of the alt off and rotate it up towards the clutch/york the put the belt on

tip make sure the serptine belt is on before you tighten everything back D'oh:crazy:

the only other problem i see is the ideler is slighty not parellel with the rest of the stuff but the belt rides on it ok i guess

im going to have to carry alot of extra belts and shit to take all this crap off if i get stuck somewhere but thats the price you pay for having alot of air on demand :rocking:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts