GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i've developed a leak off my compressor. Its off where the line goes to the back of my truck. Are there any gaskets or is there anything i can do to to make it so it doesn't leak? It still fills up, but at idle, it runs for ever with out topping off the tanks. I wish i had my truck right now to show a pic of where its leaking off of.

its not the line that is leaking... its the actual compressor. Its leaking off the piece of metal that sticks up on the left side

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
If it's the piece on the left that your air line is hooked up to, with a similar piece on the right that your air intake comes in, it looks like it should have a gasket cause it looks like you can take it off. Aren't these compressors just A/C compressors? Maybe you could trade yours out for a rebuilt one for a cheapie price with you trading in yours, if you can't fix the leak.

Oh and it looks like you might need this thread http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3039 :LOL:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahah ass. i've never cleaned my engine bay... but i don't see any reason to pop my hood at a show

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
On this one they have the part off and you can see what looks like an O-ring, this is slightly different than yours though, is the Air Commander a york compressor or only just similar to one?

top.jpg

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've had the same problem. The O-ring had a small tare in it and it was causing a leak. I went to Lowes and got an O-ring to fit that fitting for about 35 cents. Works fine now. How do you keep that compressor lookin like new? Now I have a problem with the idler, it has a slight squeek to it, but that's nothing to fix.
Bcubed, the O-ring on the air commander compressors are not on that part, the piece that bolts onto the braided airline has a small metal tube that goes down into the compressor and the o-ring goes around that tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts