GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
i'd get the air commander from airlift. i think it comes in a kit with everything you need to install it. you could also buy a york compressor, but I think you have to fab. a bracket to mount it.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I LOVE my Air Commander. I'm more than happy with it's quality and speed. Talk to Music City Customs (Beefy) about one, that's who I bought mine from.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Don't get the AIM/ChassisTech one. Just shooting out a warning to you before their low prices attract you. There is nothing good about them.

The Air Commander kit is really good. I'd call a preferred vendor here for it or call Larry @ http://www.innovativeairsuspension.com/ .

Cameron

·
Registered
33 Posts
what do you guys do about air tanks with an engine drivin compressor ?cause I mean I knwo that belt drivin compressors put out a put out a hell of alot of psi. cause regular air tanks are rated at like 250. and is the york compressor any good cause I found a complete set up for 500 bucks and I'm a highschool student on a tight budget

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I got my entire setup for $575 that airline, all fittings, combo pulley, belt, pulley, compressor, water filter and pressure switch. Regular tanks are rated @ 150 PSI. The compressor has a clutch which is wired to the pressure switch, when the tanks fill to 145 then the clutch turns on and the pulley goes into "free spin" mode. The Air Commander kit is a York Compressor.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm really happy with my Air Lift Engine Driven Compressor. Much better than the electric compressors I use to have.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Music City Customs, but Air Lift was ruuning a deal that month (March) so I think it's went back up for this month.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
way2hi said:
Music City Customs, but Air Lift was ruuning a deal that month (March) so I think it's went back up for this month.
damn thats a good price they contuined the sale for all of april so i picked one up from beefy but paid $610 shipped which is still a good deal compared to the retail of $800 i might not have bought it if it wasnt for the sale :read:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
So you're going to have a toggle switch so you can turn the compressors on/off when you want. Did I understand you right?
I have a toggle switch to shut off my compressor and switches when I want, but I also have a pressure switch.
Man it'll get old very fast if you're going to turn the compressors on whenever you want them on and then turn them back off. I have a pressure switch on ebay right now goin for about $10. Don't know if it's something you'd want, but it works just like new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33586&item=2475037155&sspagename=STRK:MESSE:IT

·
Registered
33 Posts
yeah you understood me right. I run a toggle switch now to turn my compressors on and it doesnt bother me I would just rather run more than 150 psi and I have never found a pressure switch that goes over that

·
Formerly Bagged Member
220 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have seen them that go up to 400 PSI, just look in the air compressor department of lowes, home depot, or if you have a Rural King then they'll have it forsure. It's a little bigger than most, but it's also adjustible.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts