GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 7 hp 60 gal air compressor a couple weeks ago. What kind of water traps and regulators do you guys use? I have a spare 60 gal tank that I want to hook up to the compressor for more air. I know it's kinda humid out here but I'm still getting alot of water through my air lines.

TIA
Kal

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I'd pick up a water trap, I don't know any brand names, they're pretty basic devices. Its best to put it as far down the line from the compressor as possible to get the most water out. When I'm at home I also open up the valve on the bottom of ours and drain the water just about every day if i'm using it alot, I get alot out.

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
WALMART!!!!! C-H water speperator about 20 bucks and a line to run from compressor-water seperator about 5 bucks for some line and fittings from trader horn!!!!! my lines about 6 feet long before the filter and i get almost -0- water in my lines

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I just got the ones from sears, trap and oiler
I wanna do the same thing with the tank when I build my garage so it runs less

·
Registered
601 Posts
supermachine said:
WALMART!!!!! C-H water speperator about 20 bucks and a line to run from compressor-water seperator about 5 bucks for some line and fittings from trader horn!!!!! my lines about 6 feet long before the filter and i get almost -0- water in my lines

I have the same thing, it is $11.97 at Wal-Mart. Stopped at local hardware store for fittings, spent $5 there. Works great.

You asked about a regualtor, did your compessor not come with a pressure regulator?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Here's my setup. Pretty basic, cost me like 100 bucks including all the piping:

Basically, it's pipe, valve, pipe, valve at the bottom to get rid of water that falls down (gravity helps me here), water trap, pressure regulator, non-oiled line (for filling tires, air gun, etc), tool oiler, oiled line for using tools and shit.

Like I said, basic setup. I might redo it with copper at the new house *shrug*

*edit: IMG tagz pwn3d me*

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mvoelker said:
Here's my setup. Pretty basic, cost me like 100 bucks including all the piping:

Basically, it's pipe, valve, pipe, valve at the bottom to get rid of water that falls down (gravity helps me here), water trap, pressure regulator, non-oiled line (for filling tires, air gun, etc), tool oiler, oiled line for using tools and shit.

Like I said, basic setup. I might redo it with copper at the new house *shrug*

*edit: IMG tagz pwn3d me*
That's a cool set-up on how you got a flex line going to the hard pipe. I just might have to steal your idea. :crazy: I have an extra air line that I can install to the hard piping and move my filters and whatnot over to the other side of the garage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts